Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > PLL and another design together

PLL and another design together

John K

I've designed a PLL and want to give the clock output from there to an
another design. What is the proper way to design that ???
Defining signal and give tat to the other design.. will it work ??? Or,
should I define another entity and map the ports.. Pliz show me the
way ...

Andy

In most cases, you would encapsulate your PLL in an
entity/architecture, and instantiate that entity in the target design.
The only other general choice is a concurrent procedure call (with the
procedure defined in a package referenced by the target design), which
is limited in functionality, especially wrt synthesis.

Andy

John K wrote:
> I've designed a PLL and want to give the clock output from there to an
> another design. What is the proper way to design that ???
> Defining signal and give tat to the other design.. will it work ??? Or,
> should I define another entity and map the ports.. Pliz show me the
> way ...

Can any one explain booths algorithm in PLL design?? maheshkumar0459 VHDL 0 07-05-2011 12:08 PM
Choosing PLL ALuPin VHDL 1 07-28-2004 10:01 PM
PLL phase after compensation ALuPin VHDL 2 07-20-2004 10:51 AM
pll frequency multiplier Peter VHDL 1 02-06-2004 05:06 AM
VHDL code of PLL and LVDS-receiver for FLEX10K Altera PLD spiderman_astig VHDL 3 02-06-2004 05:03 AM

Advertisments