Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Internet connection not working

Internet connection not working

Japh84 Japh84 is offline
Junior Member

Hi, I hope somebody can help me, probably you've heard of this before.
I have two computers at home, just put in ADSL internet on one of them, and was told I just needed to connect the other one to the modem. So I did, computer shows connection is fine, but has no access to internet, the other computer does. The one not working has a 1394 Network Adapter, did not know that before, and if I've understood correctly its different from an ethernet. Computer should asign an IP address and everything automatically, but shows nothing, no internet related. Well, I was wondering if anybody could guide me through the process, slowly (not very knowledgable but learn fast) so I can connect my computer to internet, so if there is anything I can do to correct it, let me know please.