Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > computer says it is connected to network but it isn't.

computer says it is connected to network but it isn't.

11-12-2006
My computer says it is connected to the network, however, it cannot see any of the other computers or connect to the internet. I am trying to set it up a wireless connection. I had to set the IP address, subnet mask (255.255.255.0), and default gateway (192.168.1.1) all manually. I also had to set the DNS server manually. I copied these address from my laptop which is connected via LAN. I got the numbers after using the ipconfig /all comand. does anyone have any ideas on how to get my computer connected to the network?