Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > computer says it is connected to network but it isn't.

computer says it is connected to network but it isn't.

fozzybear fozzybear is offline
Junior Member

My computer says it is connected to the network, however, it cannot see any of the other computers or connect to the internet. I am trying to set it up a wireless connection. I had to set the IP address, subnet mask (255.255.255.0), and default gateway (192.168.1.1) all manually. I also had to set the DNS server manually. I copied these address from my laptop which is connected via LAN. I got the numbers after using the ipconfig /all comand. does anyone have any ideas on how to get my computer connected to the network?