Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Tab Mix Plus

Tab Mix Plus

Steve IA

HI,
FF 1.5.0.8 with TMP 0.3.0.5.
When I click on a link from a google "web" page, TMP opens that link in a
new tab.
When I click on a link from a Google "groups" page, it opens in the same
tab.

How can I get 'groups' to open in a new tab like "web" does?

Thanks.

Steve
southiowa

Rom

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:23:16 -0600, Steve IA wrote:

> FF 1.5.0.8 with TMP 0.3.0.5.

I'm using newer versions of both, but don't believe it's changed for
opening links you're asking about.

> When I click on a link from a google "web" page, TMP opens that link in a
> new tab.
> When I click on a link from a Google "groups" page, it opens in the same
> tab.
>
> How can I get 'groups' to open in a new tab like "web" does?

The links from a Google Web page would be to other sites, whereas the
links from a Google Groups page would be to the same site.

In TMP's Options on the Links tab, the "Force to open in new tab:"
setting would currently be set to "Links to other sites", so changing
that to "All links (Lock all tabs)" would open Groups links in new
tabs (and all other links too). Afaik, that's the only way with TMP.

Alternatively, use the middle mouse button (if unassigned) for links
to same sites or open links to same sites in a new tab from the
context menu.

--
Rom

Steve IA

Rom wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:23:16 -0600, Steve IA wrote:
>
> > FF 1.5.0.8 with TMP 0.3.0.5.

> I'm using newer versions of both, but don't believe it's changed for
> opening links you're asking about.
>
> > When I click on a link from a google "web" page, TMP opens that link in a
> > new tab.
> > When I click on a link from a Google "groups" page, it opens in the same
> > tab.
> >
> > How can I get 'groups' to open in a new tab like "web" does?

> The links from a Google Web page would be to other sites, whereas the
> links from a Google Groups page would be to the same site.
>
> In TMP's Options on the Links tab, the "Force to open in new tab:"
> setting would currently be set to "Links to other sites", so changing
> that to "All links (Lock all tabs)" would open Groups links in new
> tabs (and all other links too). Afaik, that's the only way with TMP.
>
> Alternatively, use the middle mouse button (if unassigned) for links
> to same sites or open links to same sites in a new tab from the
> context menu.
>
> --
> Rom

Rom,
Thanks for the tips. I did update to TMP 0.3.5 after I posted but it's no
different.

Looks like the middle mouse button will work for what I want.
I will try the other suggestions too.

Steve
southiowa