Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > How to show Firefox2 as IE6 to proxy server.

How to show Firefox2 as IE6 to proxy server.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hello,

I have Firefox 2 installed and using Mozilla for past 5 years.
Recently my company has announced all of us to uninstall firefox as it
is an unapproved software. I cant live/work without firefox.

The logins are monitored at the proxy server level. To circumvent, I
have installed useragent and set it as IE6, but not sure whether it
will work with the proxy server .

Have any of you gone through this before.

thanks

John Thompson

On 2006-11-10, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have Firefox 2 installed and using Mozilla for past 5 years.
> Recently my company has announced all of us to uninstall firefox as it
> is an unapproved software. I cant live/work without firefox.
>
> The logins are monitored at the proxy server level. To circumvent, I
> have installed useragent and set it as IE6, but not sure whether it
> will work with the proxy server .

It should be fine. Is the proxy server being used to block unapproved
browsers?

--

John ((E-Mail Removed))

Firefox2.0.0.2,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download xiao.a.china@gmail.com Firefox 4 02-27-2007 09:49 AM
Firefox2>firefox1.5.09 bassbag Firefox 2 01-15-2007 05:59 PM
Just one ie6 template that works with ie6!? Ivor O'Connor HTML 4 11-25-2003 09:16 PM

Advertisments