Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > how can I configure IPsec to secure an FTP site

how can I configure IPsec to secure an FTP site

siul0_0 siul0_0 is offline
Junior Member

I just got because of the anonymous login on one of my servers running the IIS 6.0 ftp site. The simple reason I was using it was to prevent login access to be displayed in plain text. Now I am trying to secure the FTP connection thru IPsec. Any tips on how to accomplish this?

I am using server R2 '03 with a PIX firewall. I want to try this config on the PIX 5.1 which I saw on one of the previous postings:

access-list nonat permit ip 172.16.1.0 255.255.255.0 inside network

nat (inside) 0 access-list nonat

ip local pool pool-name "dont know if this IPs have to be public or private"

sysopt connection permit-ipsec

crypto ipsec transform-set esp-aes-256-sha esp-aes-256 esp-sha-hmac
crypto dynamic-map isvpn 10 set transform-set esp-aes-256-sha
crypto map ocmap 10 ipsec-isakmp dynamic isvpn
crypto map ocmap interface outside

isakmp enable outside
isakmp policy 10 authentication "I will use certificate"
isakmp policy 10 encryption aes-256
isakmp policy 10 hash sha
isakmp policy 10 group 5
isakmp policy 10 lifetime 86400

vpngroup username address-pool pool-name
vpngroup username dns-server dns ip
vpngroup username default-domain domain name
vpngroup username idle-time 1800
vpngroup username password pwd

The windows server is going to be my CA.

Any help on this would be REAAAAAALLY appreciated.

Last edited by siul0_0; 11-11-2006 at 02:15 AM..