Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Strange IP Address with Tracert, anyone know?

Strange IP Address with Tracert, anyone know?

MuteAnt MuteAnt is offline
Junior Member

Any tracert I do on my home computers the IP Address that it starts with isn't my IP Address.

Using ARINWhois, it's an IP Address that is explained by IANA, Internet Assigned Numbers Authority, as being "private".
Internal IP addressing.

10.126.128.*

I guess I am confused as to why I would see what seems to be an internal IP address that belongs to my ISP. (Yes, I am going through their network.)

Anyone have a more in-depth explanation?

Last edited by MuteAnt; 11-08-2006 at 10:46 PM..

siul0_0 siul0_0 is offline
Junior Member

whats your gateway' IP on your private lan?