Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Upgrade from MCAD Web Developer to MCPD Windows Dev

Upgrade from MCAD Web Developer to MCPD Windows Dev

frederik frederik is offline
Junior Member
Location: Belgium

Hi all,

In 2003, I've successfully completed the exams to receive an MCAD certification. I've followed the Web Dev. traject, and I've completed these exams:
070-315: Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual C#
070-229: Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2000 Enterprise Edition
070-320: Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft Visual C# .NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework

Now, I'd like to upgrade to MCPD, which I can do by just taking one exam. However, recently, I'm more into Windows development instead of Web Development, and I'd like to take the exam:
070-552: Upgrade MCAD to MCPD Windows Developer.

I wonder if this is a valid exam for me to upgrade to MCPD ? I've been looking around for a while on the MS site, and all I can find is that it is possible to upgrade from MCAD to MCPD, but they do not mention if i can upgrade from MCAD Web to MCPD Windows.

Anyone here who can shed a light on this ?
thx.