Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > floating point arithemetic on fpga

floating point arithemetic on fpga

shaz.pecobian@gmail.com

hello
im doing a project in single and double precision floating point
arithemetic(adder,multiplier,divider etc) on altera fpga.can someone
plz arrange me the vhdl coding for the same or any link from whr i can
download.im a beginner in the vhdl field.

Thomas Stanka

> hello
> im doing a project in single and double precision floating point
> arithemetic(adder,multiplier,divider etc) on altera fpga.can someone
> plz arrange me the vhdl coding for the same or any link from whr i can
> download.im a beginner in the vhdl field.

No problem, contact me to get my bank informations. I will start as
soon, as got the money.

james

On 8 Nov 2006 07:44:00 -0800, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>+++hello
>+++im doing a project in single and double precision floating point
>+++arithemetic(adder,multiplier,divider etc) on altera fpga.can someone
>+++plz arrange me the vhdl coding for the same or any link from whr i can
>+++download.im a beginner in the vhdl field.

*************

If you are a true novice level and this is your first VHDL project, I
would rather think that your undertaking is a bit advanced. I would
start with some simple stuff to get a feel of the compiler and
suimulator first. I think you need to learn to walk before you start
to run.

just my opinion
james

shaz.pecobian@gmail.com

james wrote:
> On 8 Nov 2006 07:44:00 -0800, "(E-Mail Removed)"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >+++hello
> >+++im doing a project in single and double precision floating point
> >+++arithemetic(adder,multiplier,divider etc) on altera fpga.can someone
> >+++plz arrange me the vhdl coding for the same or any link from whr i can
> >+++download.im a beginner in the vhdl field.

> *************
>
> If you are a true novice level and this is your first VHDL project, I
> would rather think that your undertaking is a bit advanced. I would
> start with some simple stuff to get a feel of the compiler and
> suimulator first. I think you need to learn to walk before you start
> to run.
>
> just my opinion
> james

hi
actually im going to develop adders,multipliers,dividers as they r
somewht tough but added advantage of high precision etc.and
thenplanning to make an fir filter based on them......i have got the
idea from a no. of research papers who have implemented thm...i am new
to this field and i have generated some code for this also(for swapping
and alignment before actual addition) but getting constraints of i/p
o/p pins etc.so due to being new ,i cant generate some code that is
efficient enough requiring less pins or memory..