Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Exchange install Error

Exchange install Error

Neil

did you hear "Briscobar" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

>> That's is true. However, notice how I said: MEMBER server (which is
>> a secondary or backup domain controller), and a desktop with a server
>> OS running on it (which as you said is a server). Those are totally
>> 2 different
>> things. One is with AD and the other isn't. Am I right

> Not exactly. Are you still stuck in the NT4 days? Because there are no
> PDCs and BDCs anymore. There are PDC emulators, but that's only for
> the folks still running NT. A server that's had dcpromo run on it, and
> hence has AD, is a Domain Controller. Plain old DC. Not a BDC or PDC.
> A Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003 machine that has not been
> promoted to a DC does not have AD installed. It is just a member
> server. It's a member of the AD domain, but it's not doing anything
> with AD (unless it's something like an Exchange Server, which uses AD,
> but doesn't necessarily have AD installed).

I'm not going to get into a FSMO debate nor am I going to discuss the
appropriateness of the installation points DC functionality of lack there
of. I am going to point out that a MEMEBER server is, was and likely
always will be Windows server that has no domain controller functionality
but is a member of the domain.

1 point for Kenny..kinda

And the only diff between a real server running Windows AD/Server and a
destop PC running Windows AD/server is one uses crappy hardware and the
other is a desktop PC. I can make the desktop PC run AD just like any
other pizza box.

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
PotD 10/23/2006

- Blessed is the end-user who expects nothing, for he shall not be
dissapointed.

Briscobar

news:Xns987685699525Bneilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6...

> I'm not going to get into a FSMO debate nor am I going to discuss the
> appropriateness of the installation points DC functionality of lack there
> of. I am going to point out that a MEMEBER server is, was and likely
> always will be Windows server that has no domain controller functionality
> but is a member of the domain.

Whew. Yeah, we don't wanna dive deep into the depths of the nether void that
is complex windows networking. I was just pointing out that a simple server
with AD in a simple network environment is a DC. And a simple server without
AD in a simple network environment is a "MEMEBER" server (zing.)

> 1 point for Kenny..kinda

Good enough.

> And the only diff between a real server running Windows AD/Server and a
> destop PC running Windows AD/server is one uses crappy hardware and the
> other is a desktop PC. I can make the desktop PC run AD just like any
> other pizza box.

That's what I was saying yesterday.

Neil

did you hear JaR <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news(E-Mail Removed):

>> is one uses crappy hardware and the
>> other is a desktop PC

> Soooo....yer sayin six o one, half doz o the other? |-D

if it's dell it's hell

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
PotD 10/23/2006

- If you think you are a person of influence, try ordering around someone
else's dog. -- Will Rogers

JaR

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 10:06:49 -0800, Neil cast into the ether:

> is one uses crappy hardware and the
> other is a desktop PC

Soooo....yer sayin six o one, half doz o the other? |-D

--
JaR
MCNGP 22
"All Hardware Sucks" ~SDM Motto
Remove hat to reply

=?Utf-8?B?RHJhZ29uIFdpdGhvdXQgV2luZ3M=?=

"JaR" wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 10:06:49 -0800, Neil cast into the ether:
>
> > is one uses crappy hardware and the
> > other is a desktop PC

> Soooo....yer sayin six o one, half doz o the other? |-D
>
> --
> JaR
> MCNGP 22
> "All Hardware Sucks" ~SDM Motto
> Remove hat to reply

Got me there. It's just not my day . I just don't know what the heck I
am talking about any more. Probably still because of the hangover LOL.

Remove hat to reply to Briscobar

JaR

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:23:02 -0800, Dragon Without Wings cast into the
ether:

> Remove hat to reply to Briscobar

No, with Biscobar you remove wallet.

--
JaR
MCNGP 22

Neil

did you hear JaR <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news(E-Mail Removed):

>> Remove hat to reply to Briscobar

> No, with Biscobar you remove wallet.

still better than Con telling em to remove mypants to reply...

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
PotD 10/23/2006

- Press [ESC] to detonate or any other key to explode.

"Neil" wrote:

> did you hear JaR <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
> news(E-Mail Removed):
>
> >> Remove hat to reply to Briscobar

> > No, with Biscobar you remove wallet.
> >

> still better than Con telling em to remove mypants to reply...
>
> --
> The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
> PotD 10/23/2006
>
> - Press [ESC] to detonate or any other key to explode.

I thought you were taking pills for EDS, weren't you ?

Neil

did you hear =?Utf-8?B?RHJhZ29uIFdpdGhvdXQgV2luZ3M=?=
<(E-Mail Removed)> say in news:C456F9D7-43D9-4865-8CB2-

> I thought you were taking pills for EDS, weren't you ?

what do they have to do with my issues:

http://www.eds.com/

sure, I've hired away some of thier people and they give me headaches...OH!
I GET IT!!!!

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
PotD 10/23/2006

- MONEY TALKS... but all mine ever says is GOODBYE!

"Neil" wrote:

> what do they have to do with my issues:
>
> http://www.eds.com/
>
> sure, I've hired away some of thier people and they give me headaches...OH!
> I GET IT!!!!
>
> --
> The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
> PotD 10/23/2006
>
> - MONEY TALKS... but all mine ever says is GOODBYE!

You still don't get it, do you ? LOL. Not even a single woman in this world
would want to see you pulling down your pant while you have the EDS (Erectile
Dysfunction Symptom). he..he...hee...