Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > XBox wireless adapter work with PC?

XBox wireless adapter work with PC?

=?Utf-8?B?UGxhaW5EYXZl?=

Is there a way to get an XBox wireless adapter model #MN-740 to get my
computer online using just a regular wireless router? I've been using a
borrowed Linksys wireless adapter, but my son has the MN-740. I have it
connected to my network card via a network cable (CAT5), but I'm getting
nothing. Do I have to download a driver?

Thanks,
PlainDave

Jack

Hi

Actually it is recommended to first configure the Game Card on a Computer.

So read this page, and extrapolate the instructions as applies to your
needs.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/connect/msmn740.htm

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"PlainDave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way to get an XBox wireless adapter model #MN-740 to get my
> computer online using just a regular wireless router? I've been using a
> borrowed Linksys wireless adapter, but my son has the MN-740. I have it
> connected to my network card via a network cable (CAT5), but I'm getting
> nothing. Do I have to download a driver?
>
> Thanks,
> PlainDave

=?Utf-8?B?UGxhaW5EYXZl?=

Thanks for the reply and the info. I tried and failed. I did every step,
but to no avail. Thanks again.

PlainDave