Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > IBM Thinkpad (stink pad ) Laptop wireless

IBM Thinkpad (stink pad ) Laptop wireless

dtoneyjr dtoneyjr is offline
Junior Member

I am using an IBM Thinkpad T43 laptop 1.86 GHZ, 512 MB RAM,with
WinXP Professional - Version 2002 with SP2.

I can connect to the corporate wireless network no problem, but if I try to connect to my home wireless or free public access I get that limited or no connectivity message. I can connect to my home network using the ethernet connect, but not using the wireless. IBM's technical dept. is a joke, and since the solution is not written on one of their step cards - they DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

I have tried to access the internet at Panera Bread, Etc., but I get the smae message. I am away from the office through out the week and I need to be able to have internet access from time to time.

Anybody else have this problem?