Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > ART file VS. JPEG, Bitmap

ART file VS. JPEG, Bitmap

cd_prod cd_prod is offline
Junior Member

Hello everyone! I have a question and I really hope someone could answer it since there are alot of people who know computers inside and out here. First let me tell you my PC model as it may make a difference. I'm on a COMPAQ 7550 and I'm on Windows. My question is, after I do a system recovery(not a restore) when I go to save a picture on my harddrive, for example if I find a picture of a car on google.com and I want to save it, I right-click it and it says save picture. The problem is after a recovery it saves as ART and not as JPEG, Bitmap, etc. ART is totally usless for me since it doesn't show up in my pictures. When it comes up as ART I have the option to save it as Bitmap instead, but it still shows up as ART(useless). Now, after a few weeks it suddenly allows me to save pictures as JPEG, Bitmap, etc. My question is, why is this and how can I switch over to JPEG now instead of waiting. There must be something that I'm doing to allow me to save as JPEG, but what is it? I need JPEG files, I'd like to turn off ART altogether. You might say that some pictures will turn up as ART automatically, but after a few weeks the same pictures that I could only save as ART change to a file that I can use. Any ideas? Thanks!