Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Is There a Thunderbird Version 2 Upgrade?

Is There a Thunderbird Version 2 Upgrade?

galaxyguy

I hope this question doesn't appear stupid. I recently downloaded the
new Firefox 2 software
and am getting on OK with it. It is different but the same, if you
follow me. I like the Extensions
that are available. My question really is this, was my Thunderbird
program upgraded at that time?
I suspect the answer is, no. Where do I check for and find the
upgrade/any upgrade for Thunderbird?
Many thanks in advance.

Mozilla Champion (Dan)

galaxyguy wrote:
> I hope this question doesn't appear stupid. I recently downloaded the
> new Firefox 2 software
> and am getting on OK with it. It is different but the same, if you
> follow me. I like the Extensions
> that are available. My question really is this, was my Thunderbird
> program upgraded at that time?
> I suspect the answer is, no. Where do I check for and find the
> upgrade/any upgrade for Thunderbird?
> Many thanks in advance.

To check in Thunderbird
[Thunderbird-->Preferences]*-->Advanced [Update]

Automatically check for updates to:
X Thunderbird
X Installed Extensions and Themes

You can have the program Ask you what to do or automatically install
updates if you wish.

And no, Thunderbird has not been updated past 1.5.0.7 (yet)

*varies by OS
Windows
[Tools-->Options]
Linux
[Edit-->Preferences]
Mac as above

Mumia W. (reading news)

On 11/03/2006 04:51 AM, galaxyguy wrote:
> I hope this question doesn't appear stupid. I recently downloaded the
> new Firefox 2 software
> and am getting on OK with it. It is different but the same, if you
> follow me. I like the Extensions
> that are available. My question really is this, was my Thunderbird
> program upgraded at that time?
> I suspect the answer is, no. Where do I check for and find the
> upgrade/any upgrade for Thunderbird?
> Many thanks in advance.

Thunderbird 2 won't be out for months. Do Help->Check for Updates to see
if there are any security updates for TB 1.5.

galaxyguy

Galaxy Guy Replied:
Many thanks for your postings and help Cheers.