Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless connection disconnecting

Wireless connection disconnecting

=?Utf-8?B?QWxheW5l?=

I have been working wirelessly for the last 6 months using a BT router which
isconnected to another PC in the house.
recently, the connection "disconnects" for no apparent reason. If I try to
reconnect, it recognises the router, and tries to reconnect, but doesn't seem
to be able to. Sometimes, after the PC has been turned off for a while, I
find I am connected again, but it doesn't last. It's very frustrating, as I
don't know when it's going to happen!
I'm using XP Home edition.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Might be that a source of 2.4GHz Noise was added to your environment and it
causes the disconnect.
Might be that you would get better connection using another Channel.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Alayne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have been working wirelessly for the last 6 months using a BT router
>which
> isconnected to another PC in the house.
> recently, the connection "disconnects" for no apparent reason. If I try
> reconnect, it recognises the router, and tries to reconnect, but doesn't
> seem
> to be able to. Sometimes, after the PC has been turned off for a while, I
> find I am connected again, but it doesn't last. It's very frustrating, as
> don't know when it's going to happen!
> I'm using XP Home edition.

=?Utf-8?B?QWxheW5l?=

Forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by "another channel"?!