Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Hotel wireless problems

Hotel wireless problems

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbA==?=

When I take my laptop on the road I have been having problem connecting to
the hotel wireless internet. I have a excellent signal strength and have
disconnected the firewall and I still can not connect. I feel that there is
some other setting I am over looking.
Thanks for your help.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
If your Laptop Wireless setting are Secured and filtered at home, and are
not configured to obtain IP and DNS Auto, it would not work with Open Hot
Spots.
On the other hand, Not all Hotel's Hot spot are free, and Unsecured.
Ask at the front desk, might be that special parameters are needed for
configuring the Wireless.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I take my laptop on the road I have been having problem connecting to
> the hotel wireless internet. I have a excellent signal strength and have
> disconnected the firewall and I still can not connect. I feel that there
> is
> some other setting I am over looking.
> Thanks for your help.

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbA==?=

Thanks for the advise Jack, where is the control panel would I find if the IP
and DNS are secured?