Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: How I vote

OT: How I vote

Briscobar

"Cerebrus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> BD[MCNGP] wrote:
>
>> I'm sure I noticed that because I prefer to vote Rep.

> On that matter, I totally and unequivocally agree with you.

Well then, it's a good thing you're not in America!

Briscobar

news(E-Mail Removed)...

> Once again, the sheeple get what they deserve.

The unfortunate thing for someone like you (who seems relatively informed
and free-thinking), is that you also get what they deserve.

JaR

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 12:12:02 -0500, Briscobar cast into the ether:

>> Once again, the sheeple get what they deserve.

> The unfortunate thing for someone like you (who seems relatively informed
> and free-thinking), is that you also get what they deserve.

Ah, sadly, yes. But as I am often reminded, I still must get out and vote
for at least one of the buggers, lest I lose my right to even b1tch about
the system. Thereby perpetuating the myth that an informed vote somehow
matters.

--
JaR
MCNGP 22

Cerebrus

Briscobar wrote:

> Well then, it's a good thing you're not in America!

Not sure I understand what you mean. Or if you understood what I meant.

Briscobar

"Cerebrus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Briscobar wrote:
>
>> Well then, it's a good thing you're not in America!

> Not sure I understand what you mean. Or if you understood what I meant.

Yeah I'm quite dumb, possibly because I lean a little to the left, so I
might not have grasped what you meant!

BD[MCNGP]

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 09:57:36 -0600, BD[MCNGP] cast into the ether:
>
>> Odd, I've noticed just the opposite...it seems to be the Dems that like
>> sling mud. I'm sure I noticed that because I prefer to vote Rep., or
>> maybe
>> it's true, doesn't really matter.

> Maybe in your district that's true. Or maybe you just happen to agree with
> their opponents. *shrug*

<no hat>

Very possible, it seems to have become the 'norm' for both sides. I've been
trying to ignore the name calling and just see how they attack the issues.

>> But like Kerry the other day. WHY did he feel that he needed to take a
>> 'jab' at Bush by telling those students that if they didn't study, they
>> would end up in Iraq? Did Bush take a cheap 'jab' at Kerry? What was the
>> purpose of that? What was he thinking before it slipped out of his
>> piehole? What was he thinking after he said it? Did he even care that he
>> said it?

> Once again, we come to the fact that Kerry is an idiot.

Agreed.

> As far as the
> cheap jab, his whole speech that day was predicated on criticizing Bush
> policies in Iraq.

Yeah, but I just don't understand the purpose behind it. Do they wake up
every morning saying to their pretty faces in the mirror "I'm gonna fuİk up
<so-n-so's> day today"?

> That is what pols do before an election, criticise their
> opponents.

But should they not look at what can be criticized about themselves first?
Make sure your ducks are in a row before you go shooting at someone else's.

> It matters not in the long run, because all anyone will
> remember of the address will be that thirty second sound bite played over
> an over to the moral indignation of those that see the gain in it.

Anyone got stock in Dead Horses these days? I'll bet they're rising
steadily.

> I have
> no doubt the he simply blew the line, and it came out wrong, but that just
> doesn't matter.

No, I suppose it doesn't, I just know that I wasn't planning on voting for
him to begin with, and this just reinforced my vote for the Rep. candidate.
I'm not sure who will be running for Pres in a couple years, but rumor is
that it will either be McCain or Giuliani. I'd like to see what their takes
on the issues are.

> He said it. It's out there. Like Howard Dean with his
> yeehaawing a couple of years ago, we recall nothing of the campaign but
> this overblown a$$ prancing about bellowing hysterically "Iowa!
> YAAAAAWWW!"

LOL.....what? who? oh yeah, that guy.

> We are controlled by those 30 second sound bites, and the vast unwashed
> that are fixated to their TV screens and know no bettter.

Unfortunately, that is true. Fer-ghods-sakes people pick up a newspaper, or
listen to the radio, at least change the friggin channel.

> To paraphrase and old saw: "No one ever went unelected by understimating
> the intelligence of the American Public"

Nailed that one, you did.

</no hat>

Jtyc

> I lean a little to the left

They make shoes that can help with that.

Briscobar

news:OgE$Prr$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I lean a little to the left

> They make shoes that can help with that.

I know, I'm wearing them! But the problem is worse than before! HELP!

CBIC

news:uBo$kTs$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Jtyc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OgE$Prr$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I lean a little to the left

>> They make shoes that can help with that.
>>

> I know, I'm wearing them! But the problem is worse than before! HELP!

Switch each shoe to the other foot.

BD[MCNGP]

news:uBo$kTs$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Jtyc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OgE$Prr$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I lean a little to the left

>> They make shoes that can help with that.
>>

> I know, I'm wearing them! But the problem is worse than before! HELP!

That would mean that you've got them on the wrong feet then. Turn around
and you'll be fine.

Vote for the October Scapegoat!!! bigal The Lounge 228 10-19-2005 09:11 AM
To U all who didn't vote for Bush! This message link is for U! Tron2004 MCSE 2 11-04-2004 01:44 PM
[OT] Vote for Me! JaR MCSE 52 09-10-2004 01:22 PM
OT: violence mars India vote Vigo Breadcrumbs MCSE 21 04-20-2004 10:58 PM

Advertisments