Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Search Bar

Search Bar

Snooky

Does this add the option to add search engines automatically? There's an online auction site I use frequently and today on the search bar it had the option to add that into the search bar...

Miller

*Snooky* wrote on 02.11.06 04:24:
> Does this add the option to add search engines automatically? There's an online auction site I use frequently and today on the search bar it had the option to add that into the search bar...

Which program are you talking about?
Mozilla, Seamonkey, Firefox 1.5.x, Firefox 2.0...?

Snooky

Miller wrote:
> *Snooky* wrote on 02.11.06 04:24:
>> Does this add the option to add search engines automatically?
>> There's an online auction site I use frequently and today on the
>> search bar it had the option to add that into the search bar...

> Which program are you talking about? Mozilla, Seamonkey, Firefox
> 1.5.x, Firefox 2.0...?

2.0, considering that the above isn't applicable in any of the other programs you mentioned.

Leonidas Jones

Snooky wrote:
> Miller wrote:
>> *Snooky* wrote on 02.11.06 04:24:
>>> Does this add the option to add search engines automatically?
>>> There's an online auction site I use frequently and today on the
>>> search bar it had the option to add that into the search bar...

>> Which program are you talking about? Mozilla, Seamonkey, Firefox
>> 1.5.x, Firefox 2.0...?

> 2.0, considering that the above isn't applicable in any of the other
> programs you mentioned.

Its a good idea, when asking for support, to state the application, and
exact version. Its also a good idea to state your exact OS version,
since paths can vary.

Search engines can be added in the Mozilla Suite, SeaMonkey, Firefox
1.0, FF 1.5, and FF 2.0, so Miller's question was quite valid. Your OP
was not at all clear.

At the left of the Search bar, there is a drop down. At the bottom of
the list of pre installed search plugins, you will see Manage Search
Engines.

You will find many search plugins that can be added.

Lee

Snooky

> You will find many search plugins that can be added.

What happened on my system was that one was automatically added there - well, almost added - an option appeared in the Search Engine drop down menu giving me the option to add a search for the auction site, which I did, and now it's in there.

I'd just never heard anyone discuss this feature before that's all . . . .