Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderird: background images in stationery

Thunderird: background images in stationery

Chuck

Danny Colyer

Chuck wrote:
> When someone sends me an email created with Outlook that uses stationery
> with a background image, the background image does not display in
> Thunderbird 1.5.0.7. Instead it shows up as an attachment. How do I get
> it to display automatically in the background?

Are you viewing messages as plain text?

Try clicking View > Message Body As > Original HTML

Leonidas Jones

Danny Colyer wrote:
> Chuck wrote:
>> When someone sends me an email created with Outlook that uses stationery
>> with a background image, the background image does not display in
>> Thunderbird 1.5.0.7. Instead it shows up as an attachment. How do I get
>> it to display automatically in the background?

> Are you viewing messages as plain text?
>
> Try clicking View > Message Body As > Original HTML

Also View>>Attachments

Check Display Attachments inline.

Lee

Chuck

Danny Colyer wrote:
> Chuck wrote:
>> When someone sends me an email created with Outlook that uses stationery
>> with a background image, the background image does not display in
>> Thunderbird 1.5.0.7. Instead it shows up as an attachment. How do I get
>> it to display automatically in the background?

> Are you viewing messages as plain text?

No

> Try clicking View > Message Body As > Original HTML

It was already set. With your permission I'll send such an email to you
and maybe you can see what's happening.

Chuck

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Danny Colyer wrote:
>> Chuck wrote:
>>> When someone sends me an email created with Outlook that uses stationery
>>> with a background image, the background image does not display in
>>> Thunderbird 1.5.0.7. Instead it shows up as an attachment. How do I get
>>> it to display automatically in the background?

>> Are you viewing messages as plain text?
>>
>> Try clicking View > Message Body As > Original HTML
>>

> Also View>>Attachments
>
> Check Display Attachments inline.
>
> Lee

It's already set that way, but the background images are not showing.

Danny Colyer

Chuck wrote:
> It was already set. With your permission I'll send such an email to you
> and maybe you can see what's happening.

I don't mind taking a look. Send it to d at colyer dot plus dot com.

Before doing that, though, do you get an attachment called winmail.dat?
If so, you will only ever be able to view the image using Outlook, OE
or software written specifically for decoding it[1]. Google for Outlook
RTF attachments for lots more information.

[1] e.g. http://www.biblet.freeserve.co.uk/

Chuck

Danny Colyer wrote:
> Chuck wrote:
>> It was already set. With your permission I'll send such an email to you
>> and maybe you can see what's happening.

> I don't mind taking a look. Send it to d at colyer dot plus dot com.
>
> Before doing that, though, do you get an attachment called winmail.dat?
> If so, you will only ever be able to view the image using Outlook, OE
> or software written specifically for decoding it[1]. Google for Outlook
> RTF attachments for lots more information.
>
> [1] e.g. http://www.biblet.freeserve.co.uk/

Nope. No winmail.dat attachment. I'll email you a sample with my
stationery. I'm beginning to wonder if it's an Outlook problem though
because I've sent stuff to a couple of my webbased trashmail accounts
and the stationery doesn't display there correctly either. It only seems
to display correctly in Outlook (not outlook express).

Danny Colyer

Chuck wrote:
> Nope. No winmail.dat attachment. I'll email you a sample with my
> stationery. I'm beginning to wonder if it's an Outlook problem though
> because I've sent stuff to a couple of my webbased trashmail accounts
> and the stationery doesn't display there correctly either. It only seems
> to display correctly in Outlook (not outlook express).

I suspect it may well be an Outlook feature (Outlook stationery being
readable only with Outlook). I haven't found a way to display the
background in TB, anyway.

Saving received stationery in Thunderbird / error message? Galaxy Firefox 1 07-16-2004 01:21 AM
Email Stationery mick Firefox 4 06-08-2004 05:54 AM
stationery Brittney Computer Support 3 12-07-2003 04:22 PM
OE6 Stationery ... Raine Computer Support 66 09-09-2003 10:07 PM
Re - OE6 Stationery ... Raine Computer Support 4 09-08-2003 12:41 PM

Advertisments