Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Flash player was not found??

Flash player was not found??

J.E.

When trying to show on Firefox 2.0 a video in a Spiegel site
http://www.spiegel.de/

I get a message that "Flash player was not found".

"Der benötigte Flash Player 8 wurde nicht gefunden.
Mögliche Ursachen:
JavaScript ist deaktivert.
Player ohne Versionserkennung starten
Der Player ist nicht vorhanden.
Jetzt herunterladen und installieren
Hinweis: Sie werden zum Installieren des Flash Players auf die Website
von
Macromedia Deutschland weitergeleitet. Wenn Sie den Internet Explorer
nutzen,
wird "Yahoo! Toolbar" automatisch mitinstalliert. Wenn Sie das nicht
möchten,
müssen Sie dies explizit kenntlich machen und den Haken vor dem
Angebot entfernen."

However I have the latest Flashplayer.

And the video is visible on Opera with no problem.

What should I tweak on Firefox?

Mozilla Champion (Dan)

J.E. wrote:
> When trying to show on Firefox 2.0 a video in a Spiegel site
> http://www.spiegel.de/
>
> I get a message that "Flash player was not found".
>
> "Der benötigte Flash Player 8 wurde nicht gefunden.
> Mögliche Ursachen:
> JavaScript ist deaktivert.
> Player ohne Versionserkennung starten
> Der Player ist nicht vorhanden.
> Jetzt herunterladen und installieren
> Hinweis: Sie werden zum Installieren des Flash Players auf die Website
> von
> Macromedia Deutschland weitergeleitet. Wenn Sie den Internet Explorer
> nutzen,
> wird "Yahoo! Toolbar" automatisch mitinstalliert. Wenn Sie das nicht
> möchten,
> müssen Sie dies explizit kenntlich machen und den Haken vor dem
> Angebot entfernen."
>

> However I have the latest Flashplayer.
>
> And the video is visible on Opera with no problem.
>
> What should I tweak on Firefox?

Type aboutlugins into the location bar, is Flash Player listed?

Peter Boerhof

http://plugindoc.mozdev.com/windows.html#Flash
--
Peter

Police tagline. Do not cross.

J.E.

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 17:20:14 GMT, "Mozilla Champion (Dan)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>J.E. wrote:
>> When trying to show on Firefox 2.0 a video in a Spiegel site
>> http://www.spiegel.de/
>>
>> I get a message that "Flash player was not found".
>>
>> "Der benötigte Flash Player 8 wurde nicht gefunden.
>> Mögliche Ursachen:
>> JavaScript ist deaktivert.
>> Player ohne Versionserkennung starten
>> Der Player ist nicht vorhanden.
>> Jetzt herunterladen und installieren
>> Hinweis: Sie werden zum Installieren des Flash Players auf die Website
>> von
>> Macromedia Deutschland weitergeleitet. Wenn Sie den Internet Explorer
>> nutzen,
>> wird "Yahoo! Toolbar" automatisch mitinstalliert. Wenn Sie das nicht
>> möchten,
>> müssen Sie dies explizit kenntlich machen und den Haken vor dem
>> Angebot entfernen."
>>

>> However I have the latest Flashplayer.
>>
>> And the video is visible on Opera with no problem.
>>
>> What should I tweak on Firefox?
>>

>Type aboutlugins into the location bar, is Flash Player listed?

Well, about what and where I should type something?

Mozilla Champion (Dan)

J.E. wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 17:20:14 GMT, "Mozilla Champion (Dan)"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> J.E. wrote:
>>> When trying to show on Firefox 2.0 a video in a Spiegel site
>>> http://www.spiegel.de/
>>>
>>> I get a message that "Flash player was not found".
>>>
>>> "Der benötigte Flash Player 8 wurde nicht gefunden.
>>> Mögliche Ursachen:
>>> JavaScript ist deaktivert.
>>> Player ohne Versionserkennung starten
>>> Der Player ist nicht vorhanden.
>>> Jetzt herunterladen und installieren
>>> Hinweis: Sie werden zum Installieren des Flash Players auf die Website
>>> von
>>> Macromedia Deutschland weitergeleitet. Wenn Sie den Internet Explorer
>>> nutzen,
>>> wird "Yahoo! Toolbar" automatisch mitinstalliert. Wenn Sie das nicht
>>> möchten,
>>> müssen Sie dies explizit kenntlich machen und den Haken vor dem
>>> Angebot entfernen."
>>>

>>> However I have the latest Flashplayer.
>>>
>>> And the video is visible on Opera with no problem.
>>>
>>> What should I tweak on Firefox?
>>>

>> Type aboutlugins into the location bar, is Flash Player listed?

> Well, about what and where I should type something?

Um, what part of type aboutlugins in the location bar dont you understand?

take your keyboard and TYPE

the words

aboutlugins

in the location bar (the bar where you usually put urls like
www.whereever.com)

J.E.

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 19:10:44 GMT, "Mozilla Champion (Dan)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>J.E. wrote:
>> On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 17:20:14 GMT, "Mozilla Champion (Dan)"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Type aboutlugins into the location bar, is Flash Player listed?

>> Well, about what and where I should type something?

>Um, what part of type aboutlugins in the location bar dont you understand?
>
>take your keyboard and TYPE
>
>the words
>
>aboutlugins
>
>in the location bar (the bar where you usually put urls like
>www.whereever.com)

Fine!

The video still does not work.

Is that of any help?
I got the following:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quote:
Find more information about browser plug-ins at mozilla.org.
Help for installing plug-ins is available from plugindoc.mozdev.org.
Mozilla Default Plug-in

File name: npnul32.dll
Default Plug-in

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
* Mozilla Default Plug-in * No
Shockwave Flash

File name: NPSWF32.dll
Shockwave Flash 9.0 r16

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie swf Yes
application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie spl Yes
RealJukebox NS Plugin

File name: nprjplug.dll
RealJukebox Netscape Plugin

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
none RealJukebox NS Plugin File none Yes
RealPlayer(tm) G2 LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In (32-bit)

File name: nppl3260.dll
RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin RealPlayer(tm) as Plug-in rpm
Yes
RealPlayer Version Plugin

File name: nprpjplug.dll
6.0.12.1483

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/vnd.rn-realplayer-javascript RealPlayer Version
Plugin rpj Yes
Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library

File name: npdsplay.dll
Npdsplay dll

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/asx Media Files * Yes
video/x-ms-asf-plugin Media Files * Yes
application/x-mplayer2 Media Files * Yes
video/x-ms-asf Media Files asf,asx,* Yes
video/x-ms-wm Media Files wm,* Yes
audio/x-ms-wma Media Files wma,* Yes
audio/x-ms-wax Media Files wax,* Yes
video/x-ms-wmv Media Files wmv,* Yes
video/x-ms-wvx Media Files wvx,* Yes
Adobe Acrobat

File name: nppdf32.dll
Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/pdf Acrobat Portable Document Format pdf
Yes
application/vnd.fdf Acrobat Forms Data Format fdf Yes
application/vnd.adobe.xfdf XML Version of Acrobat Forms Data
Format xfdf Yes
application/vnd.adobe.xdp+xml Acrobat XML Data Package xdp
Yes
application/vnd.adobe.xfd+xml Adobe FormFlow99 Data File xfd
Yes
Microsoft® DRM

File name: npdrmv2.dll
DRM Netscape Network Object

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-drm-v2 Network Interface Plugin nip Yes
Microsoft® DRM

File name: npwmsdrm.dll
DRM Store Netscape Plugin

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-drm Network Interface Plugin nip Yes
Shockwave for Director

File name: np32dsw.dll
Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 8.5

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-director Shockwave Movie dir,dxr,dcr Yes
Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 Update 6

File name: NPJPI150_06.dll
Java Plug-in 1.5.0_06 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-java-applet;jpi-version=1.5.0_06 Java Applet
Yes
application/x-java-bean;jpi-version=1.5.0_06 JavaBeans
Yes
Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 Update 6

File name: NPOJI610.dll
Java Plug-in 1.5.0_06 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-java-vm Java Yes
Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 Update 6

File name: NPJava11.dll
Java Plug-in 1.5.0_06 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.1 Java Applet
Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.1 JavaBeans Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.1 Java Applet Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.1 JavaBeans Yes
application/x-java-applet Java Applet Yes
application/x-java-bean JavaBeans Yes
Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 Update 6

File name: NPJava12.dll
Java Plug-in 1.5.0_06 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-java-applet;version=1.2 Java Applet Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.2 JavaBeans Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.3 Java Applet
Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.3 JavaBeans Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.2 Java Applet
Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.2 JavaBeans Yes
Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 Update 6

File name: NPJava13.dll
Java Plug-in 1.5.0_06 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-java-applet;version=1.3.1 Java Applet
Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.3.1 JavaBeans Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.4 Java Applet Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.4 JavaBeans Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.4.1 Java Applet
Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.4.1 JavaBeans Yes
Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 Update 6

File name: NPJava14.dll
Java Plug-in 1.5.0_06 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-java-applet;version=1.4.2 Java Applet
Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.4.2 JavaBeans Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.5 Java Applet Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.5 JavaBeans Yes
Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 Update 6

File name: NPJava32.dll
Java Plug-in 1.5.0_06 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-java-applet;version=1.3 Java Applet Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.3 JavaBeans Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.2.2 Java Applet
Yes
application/x-java-bean;version=1.2.2 JavaBeans Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.2.1 Java Applet
Yes
appli

Unquote

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mozilla Champion (Dan)

J.E. wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 19:10:44 GMT, "Mozilla Champion (Dan)"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> J.E. wrote:

>>> Well, about what and where I should type something?

>> Um, what part of type aboutlugins in the location bar dont you understand?
>>
>> take your keyboard and TYPE
>>
>> the words
>>
>> aboutlugins
>>
>> in the location bar (the bar where you usually put urls like
>> www.whereever.com)
>>

> Fine!
>
> The video still does not work.
>
> Is that of any help?
> I got the following:
>

> File name: npnul32.dll
> Default Plug-in
>
> MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
> * Mozilla Default Plug-in * No
> Shockwave Flash
>
> File name: NPSWF32.dll
> Shockwave Flash 9.0 r16
>
> MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
> application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie swf Yes
> application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie spl Yes
> RealJukebox NS Plugin

Do you have the Active X extension installed?