Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Chanels Draytek Router Beginner Question

Wireless Chanels Draytek Router Beginner Question

Roger Stenson

Hi all

I have a new Draytek router and tried it this morning setting the Chanel to
6 which broadcasts both mixed old type and SuperG protocols. I have a laptop
card which so far has connected in any enviromnet with which it has been
presented, particularly on the security front

It could find no chanels. Having fiddled with little success including
completely switching off the security, opted to switch the Chanel from 6 to
1 which limits the function to just to mixed older wireless protocols.
Bingo

I have spent some time searching the network set up to find where I set the
chanel using WCZ back to Chanel 6 which ought to work with the wide range
of outputs on that chanel even if the network adaptor is not up to Super G.
Can't find it. Does WCZ try all channels automatically and report on all it
can find. or can the Chanel be set somewhere
Roger Stenson

David Hettel

WZC will check all channels. By the way, while I'm not familiar with your
router, normally the channel and the mode are not related, so for all
wireless units that I am aware of setting the wireless to channel 1 doesn't
prevent one from also setting it to "G" or "B" and "G". You might want to
check that again.

--
David Hettel

E-mail or news groups.

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

no rights.

"Roger Stenson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CEY1h.49602$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all
>
> I have a new Draytek router and tried it this morning setting the Chanel
> to 6 which broadcasts both mixed old type and SuperG protocols. I have a
> laptop card which so far has connected in any enviromnet with which it has
> been presented, particularly on the security front
>
> It could find no chanels. Having fiddled with little success including
> completely switching off the security, opted to switch the Chanel from 6
> to 1 which limits the function to just to mixed older wireless protocols.
> Bingo
>
> I have spent some time searching the network set up to find where I set
> the chanel using WCZ back to Chanel 6 which ought to work with the wide
> range of outputs on that chanel even if the network adaptor is not up to
> Super G. Can't find it. Does WCZ try all channels automatically and report
> on all it can find. or can the Chanel be set somewhere
> Roger Stenson

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

You can try to find the culprit by switching Off WZC and load the Original
Brandís Wireless utility. Given your description, my bet would be a
troubled Draytek (can not help with it, Draytek Brand is not selling in the
USA).

Jack (MVP-Networking).