Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Message not displaying GIF images of attached HTML file

Message not displaying GIF images of attached HTML file

Knack

Mozilla 1.7.13 An <.html> file was made using Composer. When I attach
that file to a mail message, only the text of that file is displayed;
but not also the <.gif> images that the file "contains". However, I see
the complete page when I open it with Navigator. Mail has send
formatting set to 'Send the messages in HTML anyway'. How can I get an
e-mail message to display the <.gif> images related to an attached
<.html> file, which I created via Composer?

Leonidas Jones

Knack wrote:
> Mozilla 1.7.13 An <.html> file was made using Composer. When I attach
> that file to a mail message, only the text of that file is displayed;
> but not also the <.gif> images that the file "contains". However, I see
> the complete page when I open it with Navigator. Mail has send
> formatting set to 'Send the messages in HTML anyway'. How can I get an
> e-mail message to display the <.gif> images related to an attached
> <.html> file, which I created via Composer?

When you create an HTML page and insert images, you insert the images in
the page from a specific location. The file does not "contain" the
images, it only has callouts to find the location of the images. If
these images are stored on your hard drive, they will not be seen by the
recipient.

One way to accomplish this is to store the images on the internet
someplace, then write the callouts to point to those images on the
internet. Then anyone connected to the internet should be able to see them.

Lee