Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Port 50000

Port 50000

=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgRg==?=

Hi All,

Need some help with network connection. I need to connect to my works
network and, to do this need to open up port 50000 on the router. I have
contacted linksys and this port has been opened on the router but i still get
problems logging on to my works network.

My ISP is AOL, i have a linksys router, and an XP Laptop. Anyone got any
ideas or could point me in the right direction.

Kind Regards
--
Flinty

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
There might more settings that need to be dealt with. In absence of any
information about your setup, what in specific need to be done, and with
what? It is hard to even to speculate.
My only guess would be that the application that you are using for remote
connection needs to be set to work with port 5000 too.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...