Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Killling "recent session interrupted" at startup in FF 2.0

Killling "recent session interrupted" at startup in FF 2.0

Dan

Everytime I start my pc, I get this dialogue telling me the last session of
FF was closed unexpectedly (or works to that effect) and do I want a new
session or to go to the page that was active when the previous session
closed. Any way to kill this? Looked in settings, if it's there I missed
it.

TIA

Dan

Ed Mullen

Dan wrote:
> Everytime I start my pc, I get this dialogue telling me the last session of
> FF was closed unexpectedly (or works to that effect) and do I want a new
> session or to go to the page that was active when the previous session
> closed. Any way to kill this? Looked in settings, if it's there I missed
> it.
>
> TIA
>
> Dan

Could be wrong but that sounds like the action of an extension. Which
ones do you have installed?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Dan

"Ed Mullen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Dan wrote:
>> Everytime I start my pc, I get this dialogue telling me the last session
>> of FF was closed unexpectedly (or works to that effect) and do I want a
>> new session or to go to the page that was active when the previous
>> session closed. Any way to kill this? Looked in settings, if it's there
>> I missed it.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Dan

> Could be wrong but that sounds like the action of an extension. Which
> ones do you have installed?

Thanks for the reply. In terms of extensions, nothing I haven't run before:
Ad block plus 0.7.0.1, Answers 2.1.15, BugMeNot 1.3, IE View Lite 1.2, Image
Zoom 0.2.7 & Mouse gestures 1.5.2. Also had something called "Dom Inspector
which I could have sworn I told it not to install. Killed that, rebooted,
still the sessions thing. It says (and I quote) "Your last Firefox session
closed unexpectedly. You can restore the tabs and windows from your
previous session, or start a new session if you think the problem is related
to a page you were viewing". The "unexpected problem" is just shutting the
pc down. This is a pain, it won't open FF till I click. Never had this
1.5.whateveritwas. How to kill?!?

Thanks

Dan

Mumia W. (reading news)

On 10/30/2006 07:36 PM, Dan wrote:
> Everytime I start my pc, I get this dialogue telling me the last session of
> FF was closed unexpectedly (or works to that effect) and do I want a new
> session or to go to the page that was active when the previous session
> closed. Any way to kill this? Looked in settings, if it's there I missed
> it.
>
> TIA
>
> Dan

Set "browser.sessionstore.enabled" to "false" in about:config.

http://66.218.69.11/search/cache?p=h...icp=1&.intl=us

Dan

"Mumia W. (reading news)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message newsgz1h.86$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> On 10/30/2006 07:36 PM, Dan wrote:
>> Everytime I start my pc, I get this dialogue telling me the last session
>> of FF was closed unexpectedly (or works to that effect) and do I want a
>> new session or to go to the page that was active when the previous
>> session closed. Any way to kill this? Looked in settings, if it's there
>> I missed it.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Dan

> Set "browser.sessionstore.enabled" to "false" in about:config.
>
> http://66.218.69.11/search/cache?p=h...icp=1&.intl=us

Thanks Mumia, looks like just what the doctor ordered. I added the key,
we'll see what happens when I restart again.

Dan

Finally got rid of this bloddy thing. Had to add or set the following
strings:

browser.startup.page to 1
browser.sessionstore.enabled to TRUE
browser.sessionstore.resume_session to FALSE

Tried just setting browser.sessionstore.enabled to FALSE, didn't work.

So far, so good

Thanks for the input

Dan