Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Saving Web pages!

Saving Web pages!

Robby

Apologiies if this is not the appropriate forum, but i use Firefox as
a browser so here goes! I have acessed and saved some web pages with
graphics. Over time these folders get moved and of course the graphics
cannot be found by HTML (or whatever needs to find them).

Any way to save these pages and have them work when moved, or must we
remember to leave them well alone.

Thanks

Robby

Ralph Fox

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:14:33 +1000, in message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Robby wrote:

> Apologiies if this is not the appropriate forum, but i use Firefox as
> a browser so here goes! I have acessed and saved some web pages with
> graphics. Over time these folders get moved and of course the graphics
> cannot be found by HTML (or whatever needs to find them).
>
> Any way to save these pages and have them work when moved, or must we
> remember to leave them well alone.

How are you saving the pages? What option for "save as type"?

Save as type: Web Page, complete

If you use "Web Page, complete" then Firefox
saves both an html file "filename.html" and a subfolder
"filename_files".

When you move the file "filename.html", also move the
subfolder "filename_files" to the same location.
Then the graphics will still be found.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

Robby

>How are you saving the pages? What option for "save as type"?
>
> Save as type: Web Page, complete
>
> If you use "Web Page, complete" then Firefox
> saves both an html file "filename.html" and a subfolder
> "filename_files".
>
> When you move the file "filename.html", also move the
> subfolder "filename_files" to the same location.
> Then the graphics will still be found.

Many thanks Ralph, Computing is not really my forte so it's a huge
learning curve.

Rob.