Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Favourites

Favourites

Abay

Hello .. I am about to re-format my hard drive and am backing up all my
files .. my question, where can I find where Mozilla stores my favourites ..
have had no success with the Mozilla "help" function. Any help would be
much appreciated.

Abay

Pun Krocker

On 29/10/2006 at 23:50:30 Abay wrote :
> Hello .. I am about to re-format my hard drive and am backing up all my
> files .. my question, where can I find where Mozilla stores my favourites ..
> have had no success with the Mozilla "help" function. Any help would be
> much appreciated.

> Abay

Search computer for file "bookmarks", or look in your profile folder.

--
P~K
It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny

Doug G

Abay wrote:
> Hello .. I am about to re-format my hard drive and am backing up all my
> files .. my question, where can I find where Mozilla stores my favourites ..
> have had no success with the Mozilla "help" function. Any help would be
> much appreciated.
>
> Abay

Default profile folder locations:
http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html
http://www.ufaq.org/modules.php?name...icle&artid=120

If you haven't told Windows to show hidden files and folders, see
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p...iddenfiles.asp

Leonidas Jones

Abay wrote:
> Hello .. I am about to re-format my hard drive and am backing up all my
> files .. my question, where can I find where Mozilla stores my favourites ..
> have had no success with the Mozilla "help" function. Any help would be
> much appreciated.
>
> Abay

Favorites is an Internet Explorer term, in Mozilla they are bookmarks.
I only mention this in case you actually mean something else.

Exact information helps us help you. I have to guess whether you mean
Firefox, Mozilla Suite, or SeaMonkey, and which windows version you use.
Here are possible profile locations:

Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Netscape7, or Firefox (For Mozilla/SeaMonkey/NS7
profiles look in the Profiles subfolder, for Firefox, look in
Firefox\Profiles)

WinXP, 2K:

C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Mozilla

Win ME, 98:

C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla

For Thunderbird, replace Mozilla with Thunderbird in above paths.

Note that Application Data is a hidden folder in Windows, so set windows
to display hidden files and folders in Folder Options.

Once you have found it, the bookmarks file is bookmarks.html. I
recommend backing up the entire profile folder.

Lee

Abay

Done that, and found them .. many thanks, much appreciated... Abay

news:(E-Mail Removed)...