Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > How to get FF open pages on HD?

How to get FF open pages on HD?

TheCroW

Some programs like my HTML editor make previews and save those on disk, in
my case F:\ ... within the program I then can view the saved file. I choose
FF as browser then ... but when openend, FF says that (translated from
Dutch): "Firefox doesn't know how to open this adress, because the protocol
(f) is not associated with any program." ... but when clicked directly on
the HD it does open in FF.
So how to set FF 1.5.0.7 so that it opens also HTML files on hard disk with
a program like my HTML editor?

--
Menno
=====================

Snooky

> So how to set FF 1.5.0.7 so that it opens also HTML files on hard disk with
> a program like my HTML editor?

It should be doing so automatically. If you're using Dreamweaver and using the "preview in browser" key (which is F12 from memory) then what that does is make a temporary .html file in a temporary directory.

Sounds like more an OS thing than a FF thing.

Trevor

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 10:31:51 +0100, "TheCroW" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Some programs like my HTML editor make previews and save those on disk, in
>my case F:\ ... within the program I then can view the saved file. I choose
>FF as browser then ... but when openend, FF says that (translated from
>Dutch): "Firefox doesn't know how to open this adress, because the protocol
>(f) is not associated with any program." ... but when clicked directly on
>the HD it does open in FF.
>So how to set FF 1.5.0.7 so that it opens also HTML files on hard disk with
>a program like my HTML editor?

You can only associate one program at a time for any specific file
type. Multiple file types can be opened by ONE program. If you want
FF to open HTM and/or HTML then right click each one at a time and
choose "Open With" | "Choose Program" | pick FF or browse for it.
Then make sure to check the box, Always use the selected program...

Good Luck,

Trev