Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > resetting wireless security

resetting wireless security

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVsbGU=?=

A storm knocked out our ethernet in the main desktop computer, though the
wireless still worked. Everything is back up and running now, except when I
originally set up the wireless, I secured it. And somehow, that setting has
changed and now my network is unsecure, and I can't figure out how to make it
secure again.

Malke

Danielle wrote:

> A storm knocked out our ethernet in the main desktop computer, though
> the
> wireless still worked. Everything is back up and running now, except
> when I
> originally set up the wireless, I secured it. And somehow, that
> setting has changed and now my network is unsecure, and I can't figure
> out how to make it secure again.

Presumably you've got your wired portion of the network on again.
Connect one of the machines to the router via ethernet. Enter the
router's IP address into a browser addressbar. If the router was set
back to factory condition, enter the default user/password. Otherwise
enter the one you used to set it up. Go to the wireless settings and
enter your desired security settings. Refer to the router manual for
details.

Wireless - Basic Configuration -
Tom's Hardware Wireless Security FAQs
http://www.tomsnetworking.com/2006/0...ity/index.html