Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird address book

Thunderbird address book

Gualtier Malde

I use TBird 1.5.0.7 and have it set to autocomplete addresses. Several times I will find two
addresses listed when I expect only one. The last time, just now, I had changed a person's address
and the old one kept coming up with the new. I searched every bit of my address book and cannot
find the second (old) listing.

Where could it be? What can I do about it?

Thanks
--
Remove "-nubby-" to correspond.

Doug G

Gualtier Malde wrote:
> I use TBird 1.5.0.7 and have it set to autocomplete addresses.
> Several times I will find two addresses listed when I expect only
> one. The last time, just now, I had changed a person's address and
> the old one kept coming up with the new. I searched every bit of my
> address book and cannot find the second (old) listing.
>
> Where could it be? What can I do about it?
>
> Thanks

Try reopening TBird.

Mumia W. (reading news)

On 10/28/2006 01:05 PM, Gualtier Malde wrote:
> I use TBird 1.5.0.7 and have it set to autocomplete addresses. Several
> times I will find two addresses listed when I expect only one. The last
> time, just now, I had changed a person's address and the old one kept
> coming up with the new. I searched every bit of my address book and
> cannot find the second (old) listing.
>
> Where could it be? What can I do about it?
>
> Thanks

Do you have more than one address book? If so, check them all.

Gualtier Malde

Doug G wrote:
> Gualtier Malde wrote:
>> I use TBird 1.5.0.7 and have it set to autocomplete addresses.
>> Several times I will find two addresses listed when I expect only
>> one. The last time, just now, I had changed a person's address and
>> the old one kept coming up with the new. I searched every bit of my
>> address book and cannot find the second (old) listing.
>>
>> Where could it be? What can I do about it?
>>
>> Thanks

> Try reopening TBird.

Did - no effect, nor did re-boot make a difference

--
Remove "-nubby-" to correspond.

Gualtier Malde

Mumia W. (reading news) wrote:
> On 10/28/2006 01:05 PM, Gualtier Malde wrote:
>> I use TBird 1.5.0.7 and have it set to autocomplete addresses.
>> Several times I will find two addresses listed when I expect only
>> one. The last time, just now, I had changed a person's address and
>> the old one kept coming up with the new. I searched every bit of my
>> address book and cannot find the second (old) listing.
>>
>> Where could it be? What can I do about it?
>>
>> Thanks

> Do you have more than one address book? If so, check them all.

Did - I'll do it again, but opened each one and search/looked.

--
Remove "-nubby-" to correspond.