Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Terminal Server

Terminal Server

=?Utf-8?B?RC4gWW91bmc=?=

I have terminal server (win2003 svr) installed on my network. When connecting
from my remote pc, my local printer don't show on the terminal server printer
list. The local printer is a usb connected HP 3380 mfc. If I try to install
the drivers on the terminal server, the TS ports shows has 'inactive TS
port'.
Any ideas anyone?

=?Utf-8?B?U2VyZ2V5?=

Did you configure it to show up?
You have like four or five different places where you can configure that
stuff.
RDP Client Properties, RDP-TCP Connection Properties, User properties
->Environment -> Connect client printers at logon (if not enabled printers
won't show up even if enabled elsewhere), GPO. Some settings will override
other simular settings. GPO will probably override everything else. I would
start by configuring RDP Client settings.

"D. Young" wrote:

> I have terminal server (win2003 svr) installed on my network. When connecting
> from my remote pc, my local printer don't show on the terminal server printer
> list. The local printer is a usb connected HP 3380 mfc. If I try to install
> the drivers on the terminal server, the TS ports shows has 'inactive TS
> port'.
> Any ideas anyone?

=?Utf-8?B?RHJhZ29uIFdpdGhvdXQgV2luZ3M=?=

RDC ---> Options ------>Local Resources------->Printer