Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless networking

wireless networking

=?Utf-8?B?cGV0ZXI5MTE0?=

can anyone help i dont no much about networking. i got a belkin router and
wanted to set up a wireless network with my pc with a printer connected to it
and a lap top. i ran the wireless connection wizzard it told me to plug in a
flash drive in to my pc then the router then the laptop then back in my pc
but the router has no usb port so cant do it, the only other option is to us
a floppy but the laptop has no floppy drive.also i installed a wireless pci
card into my pc but do i stil need a network adapter and if so do i need one
for each pc and printer

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
You are much better off reading the manual and configuring your Wireless
manually.
It might take more time, but in the process you would get better
understanding of the system and would be able to solve future problem and
deal with more complicated settings.
The following pages has general info on setting wireless and issue involved
(they do not replace the need to read your specific hardware manuals.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"peter9114" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> can anyone help i dont no much about networking. i got a belkin router and
> wanted to set up a wireless network with my pc with a printer connected to
> it
> and a lap top. i ran the wireless connection wizzard it told me to plug in
> flash drive in to my pc then the router then the laptop then back in my
> pc
> but the router has no usb port so cant do it, the only other option is to
> us
> a floppy but the laptop has no floppy drive.also i installed a wireless
> pci
> card into my pc but do i stil need a network adapter and if so do i need
> one
> for each pc and printer

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Opps, I pressed the send too soon.
As for sharing the printer, you have two options.

You can connected the printer to the desktop through the regular printer
port or USB, and set it as a share printer. The laptop would be able to
print as long as the desktop is On. Alternatively, you can get a printer
server and make the printer Network printer. In such configuration, each
computer can print regardless of the other computerís status.

You do not need more than One Network card on your computers. Most people
usually put the Wireless Router near the desktop and connect the desktop
with wire. It saves money and it is better in case of Wireless trouble (
http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#onewire )

Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:eV3X$UI%(E-Mail Removed)...