Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Cisco 1812 site to site vpn on checkpoint firewall

Cisco 1812 site to site vpn on checkpoint firewall

martysharkey martysharkey is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

I am a complete novice as far as cisco goes but i thought i would have a stab anyway.

I have a cisco 1812 router 2 WAN ports and 8 LAN ports. int 0 is configured as an outside interface and int 1 as internal. i am within a very complex enveirnment and due to security restrictions i am only allowed to use port 500, so troubleshooting outside of this is a nightmare.

i have been able to create a successful vpn connection to our head office which uses a checkpoint firewall to terminate the connection.

I cannot however ping or access resources on the other end and get a log of bad packets sent very often.

Using the new cisco sdm interface i can test the tunnel and the return is this

Router Details

Attribute Value
Router Model 1812W
Image Name c181x-advipservicesk9-mz.124-2.XA.bin
IOS Version 12.4(2)XA
Hostname Router

Test Activity Summary

Activity Status
Checking the tunnel status... Up

Test Activity Details

Activity Status
Checking the tunnel status... Up
Encapsulation :91
Decapsulation :0
Send Error :2
Received Error :0

Troubleshooting Results Failure Reason(s) Recommended Action(s)

A ping with data size of this VPN interface MTU size and 'Do not Fragment' bit set to the other end VPN device is failing. This may happen if there is a lesser MTU network which drops the 'Do not fragment' packets. 1)Contact your ISP/Administrator to resolve this issue. 2)Issue the command 'crypto ipsec df-bit clear' under the VPN interface to avoid packets drop due to fragmentation.

can anyone advise me of what best t do?