Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > YACT: Yet another CEF thread..

YACT: Yet another CEF thread..

ForceSHO

Per-packet or per-destination..

Does my isp need to know I switched between the two or it's seamless to
them ? ie I'm running per-packet now, and I like to see what per
destination looks like...

I dont have my ISP # handy so, im too lazy to call till tomorrow..
thanks

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
ForceSHO <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
er-packet or per-destination..

oes my isp need to know I switched between the two or it's seamless to
:them ? ie I'm running per-packet now, and I like to see what per
:destination looks like...

Your setting won't affect their setting, so if they are currently
per-packet back to you know, they will still be per-back back to you
afterwards. The distribution algorithm is not negotiated.
--
'ignorandus (Latin): "deserving not to be known"'
-- Journal of Self-Referentialism

Bob

Most ISP's probably only support per destination, but having your
settings different is fine.

If you have two T1's, you simply get two seperate 1.5Mb links on the
download to you, and an aggregate 3Mb out to the Internet. The only
reason that would be a problem is if one line was noticeably slower
than the other, then out-of-order packets could happen. There is only
one way to find out.....

-Robert