Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Help!! Shared printer need a fix for problem

Help!! Shared printer need a fix for problem

=?Utf-8?B?amF5bW9t?=

I have sucessfully hooked my wirless laptop to my network printer (HP) and
it works fine but once I turn the computer off and turn back on the I get a
message
"Printer Properties cannot be displayed. The print spooler service is not
running".
I have uninstalled the printer and software from both the desktop and laptop
and reinstalled and the printer works fine again from the laptop but each
time the laptop is turn off the problem occurs again. What can I do to stop
this from happening. would it be possible to install actual printer wired to
laptop instead of just running software and bypassing plug in while
installing then unplug and plug back in to desktop. Thanks for any help
given.

Malke

jaymom wrote:

> I have sucessfully hooked my wirless laptop to my network printer
> (HP) and
> it works fine but once I turn the computer off and turn back on the I
> get a message
> "Printer Properties cannot be displayed. The print spooler service is
> not running".
> I have uninstalled the printer and software from both the desktop and
> laptop and reinstalled and the printer works fine again from the
> laptop but each
> time the laptop is turn off the problem occurs again. What can I do
> to stop
> this from happening. would it be possible to install actual printer
> wired to
> laptop instead of just running software and bypassing plug in while
> installing then unplug and plug back in to desktop. Thanks for any
> help given.

Here we go again. Please give the exact model of the HP and exactly how
it connects to the network. You keep calling it a "network printer" but
that may be misleading. All this talk of "plug in" doesn't make any
sense so let's start with the basics.

Also see my answer to your previous post. Do everyone a favor and set up
a newsreader.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

=?Utf-8?B?amF5bW9t?=

HI Malke

After today I think my computer days should come to an end.

I have tried all day to get outlook express with no such luck and caused
other problems. so will still work on getting the newsreader. Thanks for the
suggestion.

My HP Printer is a PSC 1350 and it is hooked up to my desktop computer.

I'm using a NETGEAR router for my wireless internet connection with my laptop.

I followed you instructions from my original post and installed the printer
software on my laptop except when it came to the point of plugging the
printer into the usb port, I check the box continue installation without
device. The printer worked from the laptop just fine until I turned it off
for the night and the next morning it wouldn't work kept getting the message
print spooler service not running so I uninstalled printer from both desktop
and laptop and reinstalled and the printer worked once again until I turn the
laptop off again. The desktop is never turned off so it and printer was on
when I attempted to print from laptop with the same message about print
spooler svc not running. I also tried the cmd net spooler start and then net
spooler stop and net spooler start each gave a message sucessfully start and
stop but when I attempted to print again I still got the same message.

tMalke" wrote:

> jaymom wrote:
>
> > I have sucessfully hooked my wirless laptop to my network printer
> > (HP) and
> > it works fine but once I turn the computer off and turn back on the I
> > get a message
> > "Printer Properties cannot be displayed. The print spooler service is
> > not running".
> > I have uninstalled the printer and software from both the desktop and
> > laptop and reinstalled and the printer works fine again from the
> > laptop but each
> > time the laptop is turn off the problem occurs again. What can I do
> > to stop
> > this from happening. would it be possible to install actual printer
> > wired to
> > laptop instead of just running software and bypassing plug in while
> > installing then unplug and plug back in to desktop. Thanks for any
> > help given.

> Here we go again. Please give the exact model of the HP and exactly how
> it connects to the network. You keep calling it a "network printer" but
> that may be misleading. All this talk of "plug in" doesn't make any
> sense so let's start with the basics.
>
> Also see my answer to your previous post. Do everyone a favor and set up
> a newsreader.
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Malke

jaymom wrote:

> HI Malke
>
> After today I think my computer days should come to an end.
>
> I have tried all day to get outlook express with no such luck and
> caused
> other problems. so will still work on getting the newsreader. Thanks
> for the suggestion.
>
> My HP Printer is a PSC 1350 and it is hooked up to my desktop
> computer.
>
> I'm using a NETGEAR router for my wireless internet connection with my
> laptop.

(snip)

I have to tell you that it isn't clear to me what you are doing and why
you are having such a hard time. However, apparently the PSC 1350 can
be connected via ethernet to your network. You should do this. If you
don't have an extra ethernet cable (or one didn't come with the
printer), go buy one. You will follow the instructions in the link
below and connect the printer directly to the Netgear router. This will
make the printer a true network printer and you will not need to worry
about sharing or a local connection.

Changing the HP All-in-One from USB to Network
http://tinyurl.com/ymge29

If you can't do this, have a local professional come on-site and set you
up. This will not be someone from whatever BigStoreUSA you have in your
area.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Patty

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 04:57:20 -0700, Malke wrote:
> (snip)
>
> I have to tell you that it isn't clear to me what you are doing and why
> you are having such a hard time. However, apparently the PSC 1350 can
> be connected via ethernet to your network. You should do this. If you
> don't have an extra ethernet cable (or one didn't come with the
> printer), go buy one. You will follow the instructions in the link
> below and connect the printer directly to the Netgear router. This will
> make the printer a true network printer and you will not need to worry
> about sharing or a local connection.
>
> Changing the HP All-in-One from USB to Network
> http://tinyurl.com/ymge29
>
> If you can't do this, have a local professional come on-site and set you
> up. This will not be someone from whatever BigStoreUSA you have in your
> area.
>
> Malke

In any case, whether the printer is networked through the network cable or
shared from another computer, the printer needs to be installed as a
"network" printer not as a "local" printer from any computer it is not
directly attached to. So, in the instance where the printer is directly
connected to your desktop, it is installed as a local printer on the
desktop. On the laptop it is installed as a network printer.

If you buy a network cable and attach the printer to your router, then it
needs to be installed as a network printer on all computers.

Run the "Add Printer Wizard" on the laptop and see if it installs better
that way than running the executable printer install from HP. Choose
Network Printer and browse for it on the network.

Patty