Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > help configuring cisco 2600 for frame-relay

help configuring cisco 2600 for frame-relay

tony_gio@hotmail.com

I never configured frame-relay before but I need to configure it now.
I have a 2600 router with a T1 DSU/CSU module in it. I received the IP
details from the telco. Are there any intructions on how to set this
up. I know the basics, how to console in and configure basic settings.
It is for a single office that ordered a T1 and isn't connected to any
other offices

The following info was given to me:

WAN Serial Address for Customers router: x.x.x.x
Customer's Default Gateway: x.x.x.a
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.252

Service Type: Basic Frame
CSU Time Slot Settings: 1-24 (1536)
LMI Type: ANSI
Encapsulation Setting: Frame Relay IETF (Cisco)- Frame Relay
(non-cisco)
VP/VC: 10 /226
DLCI: 226

I did some reading and it confused the crap out of me. It said I have
to configure the Serial interface for the T1 first and use a
subinterface?
Any help would be appreciated

BradReeseCom

Hi Tony,

You may wish to investigate Cisco's Frame Relay Hardware
Configurations:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...1.html#1000925

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide
United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294
U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
Website: http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-big-iron-repair.htm

Hansang Bae

> I never configured frame-relay before but I need to configure it now.
> I have a 2600 router with a T1 DSU/CSU module in it. I received the
> IP details from the telco. Are there any intructions on how to set
> this up. I know the basics, how to console in and configure basic
> settings. It is for a single office that ordered a T1 and isn't
> connected to any other offices
>
> The following info was given to me:
>
> WAN Serial Address for Customers router: x.x.x.x
> Customer's Default Gateway: x.x.x.a
> Subnet Mask 255.255.255.252
>
> Service Type: Basic Frame
> CSU Time Slot Settings: 1-24 (1536)
> LMI Type: ANSI
> Encapsulation Setting: Frame Relay IETF (Cisco)- Frame Relay
> (non-cisco)
> VP/VC: 10 /226
> DLCI: 226
>
> I did some reading and it confused the crap out of me. It said I have
> to configure the Serial interface for the T1 first and use a
> subinterface?
> Any help would be appreciated

ena
conf t
int s0/0
encap frame-relay ietf
frame-relay lmi-type ansi
!
int s0/0.1
ip addr blah
frame-relay interface-dlci 226
no shut
!
int s0/0
no shut

--

hsb

peart peart is offline
Junior Member

The above configuration is simply what you need to get you PVC up and running
if you need more information about different methods configuring frame-relay interfaces check out http://networkers-online.com/blog/?p=5 . you can also post any questions you need about frame-relay. hope that helps