Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Time difference between DC and a domain member

Time difference between DC and a domain member

=?Utf-8?B?VGFtZXIgWWVoaWE=?=

I have a Win 2003 server DC and some computers connected to that domain. from
one client i'm trying to logon to the domain but i get a message that " there
is a time difference between the local computer and the network. contact your
system administrator". how to solve this problem.
Also can i configure the DC controller so that is can manage the Date/Time
for all domain members.

Thanx

Thierry DEMAN [MVP]

Hello,

this forum has for subject "MCSE certifications..." ! For technical
questions about the products, you should use the "windows.server.general"
news.

To have a correct configuration, you only have to configure DC to access an
external NTP server.
By default, all member servers and workstations have a service that
automatically take reference time from DCs !

Bye.
--
Thierry DEMAN-BARCELÒ
MVP Exchange, SQL/Server
"Tamer Yehia" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message
de news: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Win 2003 server DC and some computers connected to that domain.
>from
> one client i'm trying to logon to the domain but i get a message that "
> there
> is a time difference between the local computer and the network. contact
> your
> system administrator". how to solve this problem.
> Also can i configure the DC controller so that is can manage the Date/Time
> for all domain members.
>
> Thanx

BD [MCNGP]

"Tamer Yehia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I can't remember now how to fix the issue with the time difference, but yes,
your DC can be a Time Server.

That setting, if I remember correctly is in the DHCP.

LOWDES!!!!! Since you've got your MCSE and I don't, why don't you answer
this?

>I have a Win 2003 server DC and some computers connected to that domain.
>from
> one client i'm trying to logon to the domain but i get a message that "
> there
> is a time difference between the local computer and the network. contact
> your
> system administrator". how to solve this problem.
> Also can i configure the DC controller so that is can manage the Date/Time
> for all domain members.
>
> Thanx

LRM

Open a command prompt on the XP workstation and type the following where
"yourDCnamehere" is the name of your domain controller.

net time \\yourDCnamehere /set /y

Here is the site for the time server setup.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816042

In the future please attempt to do your own research first. When you come to
this particular forum we expect that you will have done everything you know
how to get the answer and that coming here is your last gasp at finding a
clue.

"Tamer Yehia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Win 2003 server DC and some computers connected to that domain.
>from
> one client i'm trying to logon to the domain but i get a message that "
> there
> is a time difference between the local computer and the network. contact
> your
> system administrator". how to solve this problem.
> Also can i configure the DC controller so that is can manage the Date/Time
> for all domain members.
>
> Thanx

BD [MCNGP]

"LRM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I didn't think Lowdes would be able to answer it. Once again, he proves that
HIS mcse is worthless.