Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > cross-post: newsgroup servers

cross-post: newsgroup servers

Al

Hi to every one,
I'm sorry for the cross-post but I need information from both ng.
I have problems with my server because is archiving every month more or
less and I cannot access older posts through my mailer.
I know google-groups have them all but I would have liked to read not on
the web-browser.

I found some free servers which keep some months of posts, is there
anyone who knows some others which give better access?
Thanks a lot

Al

Mike Treseler

Al wrote:

> I have problems with my server because is archiving every month more or
> less and I cannot access older posts through my mailer.

My favorite news service is
http://news.individual.net/register.php.
It works well at home or through firewalls.
It's 10 euro a *year*, and well worth it
for the trouble-free service from anywhere.

Thunderbird is has excellent support
for news accounts and it's free. Get it here:
http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/

-- Mike Treseler

Al

Mike Treseler wrote:

> My favorite news service is
> http://news.individual.net/register.php.
> It works well at home or through firewalls.
> It's 10 euro a *year*, and well worth it
> for the trouble-free service from anywhere.

Thanks about that, I've checked their services and I would probably
subscribe. I think that 10 euro a *year* can be afforded!
I've found they have 233 days on the comp. hierarchy so is pretty a lot
compared with my actual 26 days (too bad!)

> Thunderbird is has excellent support
> for news accounts and it's free. Get it here:
> http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/

That's my favourite one, I know it from a while.
Thank you a lot

Al

--
Alessandro Basili