Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > Java Beginners

Java Beginners

Still Bill Still Bill is offline
Junior Member
Location: Sussex

Java is everywhere - driving the web in particular - My interest is to use Java driving real world applications through USB using applications on a PC/ Notebook or through the web - I have little knowledge - read 3 books and block designed a USB driven 200 channel theatre / disco lighting system. The strength of Java is its ability to work on any platform - by a combination of compiled and interpreted code - but when it comes to touching the real world there is a conflict of philosophies Java floats free of operating systems whereas the specifics of an OS must be referred to when interfacing real world applications. I have seen a couple of adverts for software claiming to bridge the void. I suspect they use a combination of Java and some other O.O. L (C?) but it seems to me that a concerted effort on the web would produce a general range of solutions leading to a suite of interfaces enough Responses?

raghukiran raghukiran is offline
Junior Member

hi every one i have installed j2se1.4,tomcat1.4 on my computer.somebody help me,what are other software regarding j2ee are to be installed.

iman246105 iman246105 is offline
Junior Member

I have problem in java program if someone can help me will be very appreciate.

smartboy07 smartboy07 is offline
Junior Member
Location: windhoek, namibia

Can somebody please advise me on where to get the best Java compiler E.G javac.

Thanks