Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP password problem

XP password problem

10-20-2006
Wondering if someone can shed some light on this for me...

My brother's PC won't boot up - gets a blue screen advising of some error just as the windows logo comes up.

I put his HDD into my PC to back up some files before we reformat.

The problem is that when i go 'c:\docs&settings\profile' i get an error advising access is denied.

Is there a way I can gain access to this folder. tried accessing through the command prompt - same issue.

My next resort is to try and repair windows on his drive and hopefully get to the windows start screen - but am wondering if there is an eaiser way

Thanks heaps

Peter

10-22-2006
found the solution

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810881

thanks to all that helped..