Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > pre-layout simulation for lsi_10k netlist using ncvhdl

pre-layout simulation for lsi_10k netlist using ncvhdl

Jim

Hello. I am trying to simulate a gate-level netlist synthesized from
lsi_10k stdcell library using ncsim. However, ncvhdl cannot even
compile the libary file lsi_10k_FTGS.vhd, maybe because it is necessary
to setup some synopsys libraries first. Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks,
Jim

Ajeetha

Jim,
Can you elaborate on "ncvhdl cannot even compile the libary file
lsi_10k_FTGS.vhd" - what sort of errors are you seeing? I haven't used
this specific library only the tool - ncvhdl.

Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

Jim

Hi Ajeetha,

It seemed that the compiler could not find certain synopsys libraries
such as IEEE.GS_TYPE which are used by lsi_10k_FTGS.vhd , so I compiled
the library source files which were shipped with design compiler using
ncvhdl, but I am sure if this was the right way to setup the libraries
for ncvhdl. Finally, I got the following error message:

attribute PROPAGATE_VALUE of tpdB_Z_F: constant is

ncvhdl_p: *W,ASILDR (lsi_10k_FTGS.vhd,64|39): illegal entity designator
[5.1].

I am really confused because it looks like that ncvhdl does not support
certain features used by lsi_10k_FTGS.vhd. Do you have any clue how to
deal with it?

Thanks,
Jim

Ajeetha wrote:
> Jim,
> Can you elaborate on "ncvhdl cannot even compile the libary file
> lsi_10k_FTGS.vhd" - what sort of errors are you seeing? I haven't used
> this specific library only the tool - ncvhdl.
>
> Ajeetha, CVC
> www.noveldv.com

About fsdb Dump using ncvhdl ytfilter VHDL 1 03-06-2008 05:35 AM
Netlist simulation ec VHDL 1 11-30-2006 03:29 PM
ncvhdl error kish VHDL 2 05-21-2004 02:48 AM
cadence NCVHDL simulation Lily VHDL 4 05-02-2004 01:50 PM
NCVHDL/NCELAB and Recursive Instantiation Anand P Paralkar VHDL 2 11-10-2003 06:14 PM

Advertisments