Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > EXPRESS_SETUP-6-CONFIG_IS_RESET Question

EXPRESS_SETUP-6-CONFIG_IS_RESET Question

amyl@paxemail.com

Has anyone ran across the following EXPRESS_SETUP-6-CONFIG_IS_RESET.
It seems we have a switch (Catalyst 3550-4 which every once in a
while will log the following to the syslog server and reload. Of
course it comes up with a blank config. Other than assuming this is a
bad switch - is there a way someone could log into the switch and make
this occur?

Amy.

amyl@paxemail.com

FYI - this is an IOS bug seen in 12.1.14 and higher. Workaround is to
disable express setup.

Amy.

> Has anyone ran across the following EXPRESS_SETUP-6-CONFIG_IS_RESET.
> It seems we have a switch (Catalyst 3550-4 which every once in a
> while will log the following to the syslog server and reload. Of
> course it comes up with a blank config. Other than assuming this is

> bad switch - is there a way someone could log into the switch and

make
> this occur?
>
> Amy.

Erik Tamminga

Hi,

"Express setup" kicks in when you press and hold the mode button for at
least 10 seconds.
Be sure the mode button is not "accidently" pushed (by cables, patch-cabinet
doors, cleaners, ...). You'll be safer by completely disabling "express
setup" (if you don't "need" it)!

Erik

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...