Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 70-284

70-284

=?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=

Has anyone here taken 70-284?

How was it?

I've heard that 70-291 was one of the hardest exams but then someone said
70-284 was even harder.

I'm taking this one Saturday and was just curious. I've done lots of
studying and practicing with lab servers. Thank God for Virtual PC!
Unfortunately, at work we're still on Exchange 5.5, even though we have gone
to Active Directory. I've been administering Exchange 5.5 for 6 years, but
my Exchange 2003 experience is limited to my lab.

unspeakable

I didn't think it was too hard. Just study the MSPress book and you should
be able to pass.

"Julia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone here taken 70-284?
>
> How was it?
>
> I've heard that 70-291 was one of the hardest exams but then someone said
> 70-284 was even harder.
>
> I'm taking this one Saturday and was just curious. I've done lots of
> studying and practicing with lab servers. Thank God for Virtual PC!
> Unfortunately, at work we're still on Exchange 5.5, even though we have
> gone
> to Active Directory. I've been administering Exchange 5.5 for 6 years,
> but
> my Exchange 2003 experience is limited to my lab.

=?Utf-8?B?bWFu?=

hello just wondering if you can help i would be very much appreciate it.
looking to pursue career in systems administrator in active
directory/exchange server just wondering how do i go about learning this and
develop this skills as well as getting into the role. is it worth me
learning scripting also for exhange/active directory. i have done mcse 2003
and exchange exams also. to carry on with it is there a software i can
acquire that is active directory and echange i can use to practice practical
skills and list of tasks i can try to do. just like how practical skills are
learnt at college on basic applications like spreasheet.
"unspeakable" wrote:

> I didn't think it was too hard. Just study the MSPress book and you should
> be able to pass.
>

> "Julia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Has anyone here taken 70-284?
> >
> > How was it?
> >
> > I've heard that 70-291 was one of the hardest exams but then someone said
> > 70-284 was even harder.
> >
> > I'm taking this one Saturday and was just curious. I've done lots of
> > studying and practicing with lab servers. Thank God for Virtual PC!
> > Unfortunately, at work we're still on Exchange 5.5, even though we have
> > gone
> > to Active Directory. I've been administering Exchange 5.5 for 6 years,
> > but
> > my Exchange 2003 experience is limited to my lab.

=?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=

I'm not sure I completely understand all of your questions. I'll answer the
one on practicing. I would recommend downloading either Microsoft Virtual
PC, which is now free, or VMWare Server, which is also free. You can get
evaluation versions of Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 from Microsoft.
A lot of the MS Press books come with evaluation software also. These
virtual machines are really great. I have my own Active Directory domain
running on my laptop.

"man" wrote:

> hello just wondering if you can help i would be very much appreciate it.
> looking to pursue career in systems administrator in active
> directory/exchange server just wondering how do i go about learning this and
> develop this skills as well as getting into the role. is it worth me
> learning scripting also for exhange/active directory. i have done mcse 2003
> and exchange exams also. to carry on with it is there a software i can
> acquire that is active directory and echange i can use to practice practical
> skills and list of tasks i can try to do. just like how practical skills are
> learnt at college on basic applications like spreasheet.
> "unspeakable" wrote:
>
> > I didn't think it was too hard. Just study the MSPress book and you should
> > be able to pass.
> >

> > "Julia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Has anyone here taken 70-284?
> > >
> > > How was it?
> > >
> > > I've heard that 70-291 was one of the hardest exams but then someone said
> > > 70-284 was even harder.
> > >
> > > I'm taking this one Saturday and was just curious. I've done lots of
> > > studying and practicing with lab servers. Thank God for Virtual PC!
> > > Unfortunately, at work we're still on Exchange 5.5, even though we have
> > > gone
> > > to Active Directory. I've been administering Exchange 5.5 for 6 years,
> > > but
> > > my Exchange 2003 experience is limited to my lab.

=?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear that the MSPress book was good.
That's the main study guide I've been studying. I've had mixed results with
MSPress so this was nice to hear.

"unspeakable" wrote:

> I didn't think it was too hard. Just study the MSPress book and you should
> be able to pass.
>

> "Julia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Has anyone here taken 70-284?
> >
> > How was it?
> >
> > I've heard that 70-291 was one of the hardest exams but then someone said
> > 70-284 was even harder.
> >
> > I'm taking this one Saturday and was just curious. I've done lots of
> > studying and practicing with lab servers. Thank God for Virtual PC!
> > Unfortunately, at work we're still on Exchange 5.5, even though we have
> > gone
> > to Active Directory. I've been administering Exchange 5.5 for 6 years,
> > but
> > my Exchange 2003 experience is limited to my lab.

BD[MCNGP]

The reason you didn't understand his questions was because he's one of the
village idiots that got loose yesterday. Not to worry though, he's harmless.

Oh, BTW, R U HAWT???

"Julia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm not sure I completely understand all of your questions. I'll answer
> the
> one on practicing. I would recommend downloading either Microsoft Virtual
> PC, which is now free, or VMWare Server, which is also free. You can get
> evaluation versions of Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 from
> Microsoft.
> A lot of the MS Press books come with evaluation software also. These
> virtual machines are really great. I have my own Active Directory domain
> running on my laptop.
>
> "man" wrote:
>
>> hello just wondering if you can help i would be very much appreciate it.
>> looking to pursue career in systems administrator in active
>> directory/exchange server just wondering how do i go about learning this
>> and
>> develop this skills as well as getting into the role. is it worth me
>> learning scripting also for exhange/active directory. i have done mcse
>> 2003
>> and exchange exams also. to carry on with it is there a software i can
>> acquire that is active directory and echange i can use to practice
>> practical
>> skills and list of tasks i can try to do. just like how practical skills
>> are
>> learnt at college on basic applications like spreasheet.
>> "unspeakable" wrote:
>>
>> > I didn't think it was too hard. Just study the MSPress book and you
>> > should
>> > be able to pass.
>> >

>> > "Julia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=

Huh? HAWT?

"BD[MCNGP]" wrote:

> The reason you didn't understand his questions was because he's one of the
> village idiots that got loose yesterday. Not to worry though, he's harmless.
>

> Oh, BTW, R U HAWT???
>

> "Julia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm not sure I completely understand all of your questions. I'll answer
> > the
> > one on practicing. I would recommend downloading either Microsoft Virtual
> > PC, which is now free, or VMWare Server, which is also free. You can get
> > evaluation versions of Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 from
> > Microsoft.
> > A lot of the MS Press books come with evaluation software also. These
> > virtual machines are really great. I have my own Active Directory domain
> > running on my laptop.
> >
> > "man" wrote:
> >
> >> hello just wondering if you can help i would be very much appreciate it.
> >> looking to pursue career in systems administrator in active
> >> directory/exchange server just wondering how do i go about learning this
> >> and
> >> develop this skills as well as getting into the role. is it worth me
> >> learning scripting also for exhange/active directory. i have done mcse
> >> 2003
> >> and exchange exams also. to carry on with it is there a software i can
> >> acquire that is active directory and echange i can use to practice
> >> practical
> >> skills and list of tasks i can try to do. just like how practical skills
> >> are
> >> learnt at college on basic applications like spreasheet.

BD[MCNGP]

"Julia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Huh? HAWT?

It's a childish thingy.....

FO-NET-IKS

R U HAWT???

FrisbeeŽ

"BD[MCNGP]" <CertGuard> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Julia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Huh? HAWT?
>>

> It's a childish thingy.....
>
> FO-NET-IKS
>
> R U HAWT???

Of course she's hawt... I didn't even have to ask. She was talking about
something running on her laptop.

How hawt is that?

BD[MCNGP]

news:uapi%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "BD[MCNGP]" <CertGuard> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Julia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Huh? HAWT?
>>>

>> It's a childish thingy.....
>>
>> FO-NET-IKS
>>
>> R U HAWT???

> Of course she's hawt... I didn't even have to ask. She was talking about
> something running on her laptop.
>
> How hawt is that?

You know as well as I do that that is DAMB HAWT....I just wanted to hear her
say it....that's what makes it REAL DAMB HAWT....