Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > D-Link DSL 924 wireless router configuration

D-Link DSL 924 wireless router configuration

Damo_Suzuki

Hi all,
I just bought a D_Link 924 wireless router and am having diffuculty
accessing the internet with it. I have 2 laptops and one PC that i want
networked. when i log into the router configuration page( 192.168.1.1)
and set up the wireless network, the machines are assigned IP addresses
on the router but i cannot then access the internet.
Anyone know whats going on with it?
Thanks

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi

Due to lack of information concerning your Internet connection, I would try
to guess.

You might have an Authentication (Id and Password) Problem.

Fir Cable Internet here, http://www.ezlan.net/broadband.html

For DSL/PPPOE here, http://www.ezlan.net/PPPOE.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Damo_Suzuki" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi all,
> I just bought a D_Link 924 wireless router and am having diffuculty
> accessing the internet with it. I have 2 laptops and one PC that i want
> networked. when i log into the router configuration page( 192.168.1.1)
> and set up the wireless network, the machines are assigned IP addresses
> on the router but i cannot then access the internet.
> Anyone know whats going on with it?
> Thanks

Lem

Damo_Suzuki wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just bought a D_Link 924 wireless router and am having diffuculty
> accessing the internet with it. I have 2 laptops and one PC that i want
> networked. when i log into the router configuration page( 192.168.1.1)
> and set up the wireless network, the machines are assigned IP addresses
> on the router but i cannot then access the internet.
> Anyone know whats going on with it?
> Thanks

If you can access the router configuration pages but not the Internet,
the most obvious problem is that the router itself isn't connecting to
the Internet. As far as I can tell, you have a combination DSL
modem/router. That is, you plug the device directly into a telephone
jack rather than connecting the router to a separate DSL modem via an
Ethernet cable.

The "WAN" configuration (the part that connects to the Internet) is a
bit more complicated for combo devices than for wireless routers that
connect to a separate DSL modem. The User Guide for the DSL-G624T (which
is what I believe you have) lists a page and a half of info that you
need from your ISP. Did you get all of this info and configure the
router's WAN settings correctly? Did you save the settings and re-boot
the router? As a check, log into the router's configuration pages and
go to the "Status" page. There should be a section headed "WAN". Does
it show the status as "connected"?

If the WAN status is shown as "not connected" and clicking the "connect"
button does not get you connected, then either there is some
configuration setting wrong or there is a problem in the connection
between your router and your ISP. This could be anywhere from the phone
line from the router to the wall, to your home wiring, to a telephone
company problem. In any case, if you cannot get the router to "connect"
you should call your ISP and ask for help.

--
Lem MS MVP -- Networking

Refilling Dell 924 ink cartriges bacteroid@glocalnet.net Computer Support 1 09-02-2006 04:21 PM
Cisco uBR 924 jerrooldfloyd@comcast.net VOIP 0 03-07-2004 04:33 PM
UbR 924 firemarsh Cisco 0 01-12-2004 06:13 AM
uBR 924 IOS Greg Cisco 1 12-30-2003 04:03 PM

Advertisments