Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > ipconfig /all shows no information

ipconfig /all shows no information

=?Utf-8?B?TmVpbCBEYWxsYXdheQ==?=

I am connecting a wireless network up using windows xp home (i know it's not
ideal, but what can you do with some customers, eh??) It was all working fine
when i left it friday yet I go back today and its connecting to the wireless
netowrk but not getting an ip address, when i do ipconfig or ipconfig /all in
cmd prompt it returns nothing, only the title windows IP configuration. Any
idea how I can get this sorted?? Thanks in advance.

Gordon

"Neil Dallaway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am connecting a wireless network up using windows xp home (i know it's
>not
> ideal, but what can you do with some customers, eh??) It was all working
> fine
> when i left it friday yet I go back today and its connecting to the
> wireless
> netowrk but not getting an ip address, when i do ipconfig or ipconfig /all
> in
> cmd prompt it returns nothing, only the title windows IP configuration.
> Any
> idea how I can get this sorted?? Thanks in advance.

Presumably the wireless card is enabled?

David Hettel

Assuming that the wireless card is still enabled, then perhaps you simply
need to reboot the system. I've seen an out of memory condition do this, or
cause pages to display without all the tabs.

--
David Hettel

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

confers no rights