Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: Thursday Thriller

OT: Thursday Thriller

LRM

news:Xns98625DB66B14neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.16 ...
> did you hear "LRM" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in news:eXB2qc#8GHA.4620
> @TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:
>
>> "BD[MCNGP]" <CertGuard> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "FrisbeeŽ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:OtzAU%(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> So, does that apply if I like to French kiss? or eat French Fries? or
>>> French Toast?
>>>

>> You know how to make toast?
>>

> I do...bring syrup

Oh boy syrup! I'm partial to anything sweet and sticky. However, I'm afraid
the constraint here is time. Perhaps if we implement critical chain instead
of critical path you could insert the appropriate buffers and we could
deliver this thing ahead of schedule.

Jtyc

> Oh boy syrup! I'm partial to anything sweet and sticky. However, I'm
> afraid the constraint here is time. Perhaps if we implement critical chain
> instead of critical path you could insert the appropriate buffers and we
> could deliver this thing ahead of schedule.

Have you even leveled your plan yet??

Neil

did you hear "LRM" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Oh boy syrup! I'm partial to anything sweet and sticky. However, I'm
> afraid the constraint here is time. Perhaps if we implement critical
> chain instead of critical path you could insert the appropriate
> buffers and we could deliver this thing ahead of schedule.

you know, the only way I can really see that happening is if we start
messing with the cost constraints. I refuse to budge on the quality
(working on CMMI level 5 here you know) and I really want to make sure
there is a zufficient level of syrup to completely cover. Could you speak
with the sponsor regarding additional funding? If not, we might want to
cancle the project early. On the plus side, I don't think that cancelling
the syrup project will adversely effect the portfolio. We still have the
both the honey project and the chocolate syrup projct. I think that the
French toast is out, but that was just an excuse to get teh syrup involved.

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- 98% of all constipated people don't give a crap.

LRM

news:Xns9862D00722E33neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6...
> did you hear "LRM" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Oh boy syrup! I'm partial to anything sweet and sticky. However, I'm
>> afraid the constraint here is time. Perhaps if we implement critical
>> chain instead of critical path you could insert the appropriate
>> buffers and we could deliver this thing ahead of schedule.
>>

> you know, the only way I can really see that happening is if we start
> messing with the cost constraints. I refuse to budge on the quality
> (working on CMMI level 5 here you know) and I really want to make sure
> there is a zufficient level of syrup to completely cover. Could you speak
> with the sponsor regarding additional funding? If not, we might want to
> cancle the project early. On the plus side, I don't think that cancelling
> the syrup project will adversely effect the portfolio. We still have the
> both the honey project and the chocolate syrup projct. I think that the
> French toast is out, but that was just an excuse to get teh syrup
> involved.

Let us not forget the Jell-O project. As for abandoning the project based on
its lack of inventiveness, creating yet another derivative, sure I'm ok with
that. It isn't a question of the budget, I believe the real constraint was
time. Next time lets do something a little more uncertain, something with a
ton of risk. Maybe a breakthrough idea to jazz up the portfolio.

LRM

news:OE4y2$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Oh boy syrup! I'm partial to anything sweet and sticky. However, I'm
>> afraid the constraint here is time. Perhaps if we implement critical
>> chain instead of critical path you could insert the appropriate buffers
>> and we could deliver this thing ahead of schedule.

> Have you even leveled your plan yet??

Nah, I'm using the theory of constraints and Critical Chain. I've found that
critical path usage turns resources into lazy slobs filling the available
time rather than doing the task without regard to time thus providing the
best possible outcome usually ahead of schedule. Of course if you're still
hanging around with the gubmint, I can understand your reluctance to embrace
this methodology. Well, exclude the armed services from the gubmint
statement. The military is the one place I've seen this methodology work
flawlessly.

JaR

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 22:47:25 -0500, LRM cast into the ether:

>>> Oh boy syrup! I'm partial to anything sweet and sticky. However, I'm
>>> afraid the constraint here is time. Perhaps if we implement critical
>>> chain instead of critical path you could insert the appropriate buffers
>>> and we could deliver this thing ahead of schedule.

>> Have you even leveled your plan yet??
>>

> Nah, I'm using the theory of constraints and Critical Chain. I've found that
> critical path usage turns resources into lazy slobs filling the available
> time rather than doing the task without regard to time thus providing the
> best possible outcome usually ahead of schedule. Of course if you're still
> hanging around with the gubmint, I can understand your reluctance to embrace
> this methodology. Well, exclude the armed services from the gubmint
> statement. The military is the one place I've seen this methodology work
> flawlessly.

You know, I read all that, and the words make sense individually, but when
you string them all together like that it only serves to obfuscate your
internal ambivalance toward a more proactive placement of the materiel
directives. Rounding the upward curve on the post-project serial massing
might serve to ameliorate the parent redundancy.

HTH, HAND.

--
JaR
MCNGP 22

Neil

did you hear JaR <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> You know, I read all that, and the words make sense individually, but
> when you string them all together like that it only serves to
> obfuscate your internal ambivalance toward a more proactive placement
> of the materiel directives. Rounding the upward curve on the
> post-project serial massing might serve to ameliorate the parent
> redundancy.

you are McSpongey and I claim my two-fifty

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- Fatal Error, System Halted: Press any key to do nothing...

Neil

did you hear "LRM" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:#(E-Mail Removed):

> Let us not forget the Jell-O project.

there's always room for Jell-O

> As for abandoning the project
> based on its lack of inventiveness, creating yet another derivative,
> sure I'm ok with that. It isn't a question of the budget, I believe
> the real constraint was time.

Well, if you've got the money, I've got the time.

> Next time lets do something a little
> more uncertain, something with a ton of risk. Maybe a breakthrough
> idea to jazz up the portfolio.

Send me a business case. I will run it past the commitee and we can draw up
a charter. Since you have the cash I will assume you would like to be
identified as the sponsor. Depending on how we define teh SOW, I might be
able to take on the technical lead role. I enjoy working with Jello-O.
Wanna wrestle?

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- Short Cut: The longest distance between two points.

JaR

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 06:05:48 -0700, Neil cast into the ether:

> you are McSpongey and I claim my two-fifty

Am not, and you can't!

--
JaR
MCNGP 22

Jtyc

> Of course if you're still hanging around with the gubmint, I can
> understand your reluctance to embrace this methodology.

Management is the biggest risk in my risk assessment.

OT: Thursday Thriller FrisbeeŽ MCSE 4 02-24-2006 04:36 AM
?Thriller series (Karloff) on dvd? Carol Shubert DVD Video 10 08-25-2004 11:56 PM
eBay: 10 Horror/Thriller DVD Lot! Alex Faust DVD Video 0 05-23-2004 01:03 PM
Boris Karloff's Thriller TV series Mr. Mortis DVD Video 2 11-10-2003 03:32 AM
FA: VAL LEWTON - Laserdisc Collection, CAT PEOPLE Criterion, THRILLER, SUSPIRIA, PROFONDO ROSSO Jonathan Stryker DVD Video 0 09-14-2003 06:10 PM

Advertisments