Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Problem with Wireless network

Problem with Wireless network

10-17-2006
Hey there, I have a WRT54GS linksys rooter. It's plugged directly into a desktop which runs Internet fine, and I use my laptop, a hp pavillion with integrated wireless adapter.
That is the problem. The connection, signal strenght is Excellent when I open the computer, but it remains this way for like... 1 minute? Then it drops to low/very low signal strenght and nothing works. I have to double click my connection icon, go under "support" and "repair" to have another "1 minute" of internet before it drops again.
My laptop runs under win xp, I have upgraded firmware for the rooter, and I tried all the plug/unplug/reset things with the modem and the rooter...
Thanks for helping me!

11-01-2006
bump.....
come one

11-02-2006
Did you try to use your laptop next to the router. If it works, your router antenna is broken. If that is the case, replace it or buy a new router. who are the bumps on this forum?