Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > MCPD, MCSD and the Partner Program

MCPD, MCSD and the Partner Program

=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQgTG9jaw==?=

Does anyone know if the MCPD is equivelent to the MCSD in relation to
competencies under the partner program? I want am developing a training
program and I would rather not have folks go through the trouble of getting
an MCPD and not have it count as an MCP certification. I was on the phone
with both Partner support and Learning support at MS, both had no idea.
--
Scott Lock
Managing Consultant

President
Capital Area .Net Users Group

Zdenek Drlik

Scott Lock napsal(a):
> Does anyone know if the MCPD is equivelent to the MCSD in relation to
> competencies under the partner program? I want am developing a training
> program and I would rather not have folks go through the trouble of getting
> an MCPD and not have it count as an MCP certification. I was on the phone
> with both Partner support and Learning support at MS, both had no idea.

Every competency has its requirements list, where you can find what
certification you will need.
For example - at Custom Development Solutions competency requrements
page (https://partner.microsoft.com/40020232), you'll find that you'll
need MCPD: Enterprise for Application Infrastucture Development
Specialization, MCPD: Windows for Smart Client Development
Specialization etc.

Zdenek Drlik, MCSD.Net

=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQgTG9jaw==?=

Thanks Zdenek,

After a lot of digging, it seems that they requirements in the portal have
not been updated. The listings off the main partner site are more up to date.

Scott