Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Number of extensions installed

Number of extensions installed

History Fan

I'm using FF 1.5.0.7 on a Windows XP SP2 desktop PC. DSL connection.
As I write this, I'm using 25 extensions with Firefox. I installed AdBlock
Plus and Adblock FilterSet.G Updater extensions yesterday and today.

Just curious to know the number of extensions other FF users have
installed?

Leonidas Jones

History Fan wrote:
> I'm using FF 1.5.0.7 on a Windows XP SP2 desktop PC. DSL connection.
> As I write this, I'm using 25 extensions with Firefox. I installed AdBlock
> Plus and Adblock FilterSet.G Updater extensions yesterday and today.
>
> Just curious to know the number of extensions other FF users have
> installed?

That's a lot of extensions. The more that are installed, the more
likely they are to conflict with each other.

I've got 12. I do recommend uninstalling any unused extensions, just to
keep things clean. If you've got 25 must use extensions, and its
working, more power to you!

Lee

Mozilla Champion (Dan)

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> History Fan wrote:
>> I'm using FF 1.5.0.7 on a Windows XP SP2 desktop PC. DSL
>> connection. As I write this, I'm using 25 extensions with Firefox. I
>> installed AdBlock Plus and Adblock FilterSet.G Updater extensions
>> yesterday and today.
>>
>> Just curious to know the number of extensions other FF users have
>> installed?
>>

> That's a lot of extensions. The more that are installed, the more
> likely they are to conflict with each other.
>
> I've got 12. I do recommend uninstalling any unused extensions, just to
> keep things clean. If you've got 25 must use extensions, and its
> working, more power to you!
>
> Lee

5 here, including the automatically installed Talkback

Leonidas Jones

Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> History Fan wrote:
>>> I'm using FF 1.5.0.7 on a Windows XP SP2 desktop PC. DSL
>>> connection. As I write this, I'm using 25 extensions with Firefox. I
>>> installed AdBlock Plus and Adblock FilterSet.G Updater extensions
>>> yesterday and today.
>>>
>>> Just curious to know the number of extensions other FF users
>>> have installed?
>>>

>> That's a lot of extensions. The more that are installed, the more
>> likely they are to conflict with each other.
>>
>> I've got 12. I do recommend uninstalling any unused extensions, just
>> to keep things clean. If you've got 25 must use extensions, and its
>> working, more power to you!
>>
>> Lee

> 5 here, including the automatically installed Talkback

Good point, I was not including either Talkback or the Dom Inspector.

Lee

brian

On 10/17/2006 8:50 AM History Fan wrote:
> I'm using FF 1.5.0.7 on a Windows XP SP2 desktop PC. DSL connection.
> As I write this, I'm using 25 extensions with Firefox. I installed AdBlock
> Plus and Adblock FilterSet.G Updater extensions yesterday and today.
>
> Just curious to know the number of extensions other FF users have
> installed?

Brian

Doug G

History Fan wrote:
> I'm using FF 1.5.0.7 on a Windows XP SP2 desktop PC. DSL connection.
> As I write this, I'm using 25 extensions with Firefox. I installed AdBlock
> Plus and Adblock FilterSet.G Updater extensions yesterday and today.
>
> Just curious to know the number of extensions other FF users have
> installed?

11 including Talkback

Vegard Krog Petersen

On 17.10.2006 18:50 History Fan wrote:
> I'm using FF 1.5.0.7 on a Windows XP SP2 desktop PC. DSL connection.
> As I write this, I'm using 25 extensions with Firefox. I installed AdBlock
> Plus and Adblock FilterSet.G Updater extensions yesterday and today.
>
> Just curious to know the number of extensions other FF users have
> installed?

35, but 3 are disabled at the moment. No conflicts, I've slapped Firefox
around to work the way I like...

regards from

--
Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

http://vegard2.no -
Solitaire MahJongg guide, Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire,
Freeware Logo & symbol, Halma & Chinese Checkers,
Pachisi & Ludo, Freeware Solitaire, My fishy site (fishing
games), a.c.f.g information, Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb
18+ sites: Firefoxy, Adult Solitaire, Fishy Pictures,
Sexy Chess, Sexy Librarians, Sexy Football

Miller

*History Fan* wrote on 17.10.06 18:50:
> I'm using FF 1.5.0.7 on a Windows XP SP2 desktop PC. DSL connection.
> As I write this, I'm using 25 extensions with Firefox. I installed AdBlock
> Plus and Adblock FilterSet.G Updater extensions yesterday and today.
>
> Just curious to know the number of extensions other FF users have
> installed?

Ooops! 34! Didn't notice i've got so many installed.

Miller

*Miller* wrote on 17.10.06 21:45:
> *History Fan* wrote on 17.10.06 18:50:
>> I'm using FF 1.5.0.7 on a Windows XP SP2 desktop PC. DSL connection.
>> As I write this, I'm using 25 extensions with Firefox. I installed AdBlock
>> Plus and Adblock FilterSet.G Updater extensions yesterday and today.
>>
>> Just curious to know the number of extensions other FF users have
>> installed?

> Ooops! 34! Didn't notice i've got so many installed.

P.S.: Take a look at this:
http://splasho.com/blog/2006/02/26/the-superbrowser/