Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection

Jason Henley

Big problem with remote desktop on a Linksys WRT54g router......

Remote management set to disables, stactic IP, connected to cable modem,
Port opened up for RDC.

But when I try and connect via the web to my home computer all I get is the
linksys settings box.

Really getting annoyed now

Any help please.....

--
Remove spam at end to reply to me

RobO

Hi Jason

I take it you are using the web component of rdp to connect to a server
inside???
Have you mapped ports for
external_ip/tcp/80 --> internal_ip/tcp/80 and I am not sure about the
rdp for web
external_ip/tcp/****--->internal_ip/tcp/3389

You will have to do a port mapping to actuall get the traffic through
if I am correct in what you are trying to do.

Regards
Rob