Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Computer Reboot

Computer Reboot

dennistoh80 dennistoh80 is offline
Junior Member

Hi, my computer keep rebooting by itself only when i am playing command and conquer with my fren online. Other than that everything is all right.
At first i found out that my Graphic card fan stopped spinning, so i replace the graphic card fan and it works well for 2 days before the rebooting started again . But this time, the graphic card fan is still spinning when the rebooting happens. So i went to change to my spare graphic card and the rebooting stopped. But the spare graphic card fan also stopped spinning. But the computer doesnt reboot.

My Com Spec is as below..

P4 2.8ghz
1ghz Ram
Win Xp Pro ( service pack 2 )
MSI 865PE-V2 mainboard
Geforce Fx 5500 256mb graphic card ( spare card is Geforce Mx 440 64mb )
400w PSU

and also, once i tried to plug in my portable HDD, my com hang. however i tried plugging in my ipod, it works well...
Then i plug the HDD into my P3 com, it can work well...

any bros can help me ?
is my graphic card spolit ?
is my mainboard spolit ?

thanks alot..

Last edited by dennistoh80; 10-17-2006 at 05:42 AM..